What's new

Azeroth problem.

I tend to throw some 24awg brochrome over a 2.5mm bit as I feel it lands where I want it, 6 wraps around 0.16-0.17, any lower it gets too hot and fucks my throat.
Lower than I thou
Be interested to hear how you get on with that 21awg fencing wire, I'd suspect it'll need that many wraps to get the resistance up it's start to get a bit much to place into some atties.
A 5 wrap 3mm id twin runs out @ .10 ohm. It's not a sprinter on ramp up, but still way quicker A .13ohm 5 wrap 3mm id tricore SS fused Clapton.

Aye, it's all a learning curve seeing the difference, less is more particularly with single cell mechs, heating up lumps of metal in complex coils tends to ask a bit much of them.

Aye, it's all a learning curve seeing the difference, less is more particularly with single cell mechs, heating up lumps of metal in complex coils tends to ask a bit much of them.
Indeed. I got myopic about ohms, forgetting that's mass has an effect too.
Speaking of fence wire. I ordered some 21g from the Flat wire company, thinking it was brochrome. Yep, you guessed it, it was round wire that arrived. It'll be interesting to see how the same wire reacts in its different forms.

We've all done it, got spools of stuff I'll never use but never been arsed to actually deal with them.

@cliveh2 how you rate your one bud ? any suggestions for @RAPTOREX
Never had a problem with mine, but then the rda has spent most it's time on my home made (assembled not really made) squonk [emoji6]

My only advice would be dont try it on a hog with a .15 build in it [emoji23]
20200201_211222.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom