What's new

Azeroth problem.

RAPTOREX

Achiever
Ok so I know it's not strictly a Mech, but I wonder if you guys can help.
The 510 seems to be leaking juice. This is collecting around the switch are, causing a short, and requiring a hefty push to force the button through the collected juice and to fire.
I realise it's best just to bin it. But who ever learnt anything by throwing stuff away?

any ideas for a fix, or even just getting it apart?

Technicality:

From your description, it's not causing a short.

A short would be bypassing the button and probably making it fire all the time.

If you saw the burn on both stem and button, you'd call it a short. The gold has been burnt off the button and the stem, leaving pitting on both. But, once cleaned up. The main problem is pushing the film of VG away, in order to make contact.
I'll point out the mod came free with an Asagard mini. I've little interest in mechs so was going to bin it anyway. It's now become a project.

If you saw the burn on both stem and button, you'd call it a short.

No I wouldn't, because it's not a short.

The gold has been burnt off the button and the stem, leaving pitting on both

That's caused by arcing, not by a short.

It's actually a very common problem with high current mechanical switches and much design work is put into industrial units to reduce it.

In electrical terms, a "short" is an abbreviation of "short circuit" - which refers to the intended circuit path being shortened (with components being bridged or bypassed) by some form of fault, usually causing some form of unintended consequence.

No I wouldn't, because it's not a short.

That's caused by arcing, not by a short.

It's actually a very common problem with high current mechanical switches and much design work is put into industrial units to reduce it.

In electrical terms, a "short" is an abbreviation of "short circuit" - which refers to the intended circuit path being shortened (with components being bridged or bypassed) by some form of fault, usually causing some form of unintended consequence.
Lol. I get you. But arching is just another term for short circuit. They all involve a current taking a shorter path than intended. I'll clean my terminology up, though.

I presume this is the Coilart Azeroth squonker? Have you checked the bottle for leaks etc?

I presume this is the Coilart Azeroth squonker? Have you checked the bottle for leaks etc?
It is indeed. Yeah I have, the liquid is defiantly coming down the 510. It happens only when I leave the mod unused. Which is a lot as mechs don't do it for me. Or should I say the Azeroth doesn't.
The most obvious problem is the juice gathers in the switch area. It creates a thick film the switch needs to force out the way to make contact. It's compounded by the fact the Azeroth has a very odd switch. Something Coil Art call an intelligent switch.but for what reason I can't fathom.
It's just me. I don't care what it is, if it's broke I can't resist trying to fix it, whatever it is.

But arching is just another term for short circuit.

It's really not, honestly.

They all involve a current taking a shorter path than intended.

Arcing isn't specifically the current taking a shorter path - in many cases (including on your mod) the current is actually taking a longer path.

A short circuit can cause arcing, but the terms are in no way interchangeable.

Not familiar with it tbh, watched a few reviews and it would seem the 510 can be quite loose...

Not sure how you'd go about tightening this up or even if this is the source of your leaking issues.

Back
Top Bottom