What's new

Any crossbow love?

With the condensation plug it is now very good and the airflow is acceptably restricted. I think I’ll take it to work and put it through it’s paces.

Yep, I agree. Works really well with the plug in.

I think if I was reading this thread I would be too @Discomatt . But I’m actually glad I got it despite the necessity to bodge the thing to get it to work. It’s actually pretty good. If it keeps behaving it might end up permanent in there.

ok i had this problem with mine ie air holes not lining up when tight and the thing was to long to fit in the bb
i had to take some of the insulation off the top to get it all to sit right but it yours fits don't bother trying to shave some off the insulator off there is no need or point
you r best of just tightening the centerpin and redrilling the air hole just go gentle the pin is soft but quite thick
i think that mine not being stable nuff for tc is because i took to much of the insulation off and if tried everything i can think off apart from swapping the screws but i like it in vw anyhows
hope that helps

I'm so happy that I didn't jump on this bandwagon, the wheels are wobbly!

ok i had this problem with mine ie air holes not lining up when tight and the thing was to long to fit in the bb
i had to take some of the insulation off the top to get it all to sit right but it yours fits don't bother trying to shave some off the insulator off there is no need or point
you r best of just tightening the centerpin and redrilling the air hole just go gentle the pin is soft but quite thick
i think that mine not being stable nuff for tc is because i took to much of the insulation off and if tried everything i can think off apart from swapping the screws but i like it in vw anyhows
hope that helps

I did think about that but didn’t want to risk making an arse of it and digging out the dremel and tiny drill bits (lazyitis).

It is a bit tight getting it in with the pin where it sits now, but manageable.

But the problems aside, it puffs really well. The chimney is a bit narrower and the chamber shaped better than the vapeshell. I think it also seems easier to build and wick. I’m hoping my council repair holds up.

Mine arrived yesterday but I haven’t had time to build it yet, stripped and cleaned ready I’ll have a bash later, looking at the air hole mine appears to be very slightly out of line when fully tightened, so slight that the holes are partially aligned, I’ll have a good look later.

I hope it works ok with out you having to knock chunks off it @andyroo . After a couple of days I really like it and if it keeps behaving I can see it becoming my primary bb atty.

Back
Top Bottom