What's new

Which Gennie?

Athamas

Postman
After nearly a year finally almost broke the Kraken (from far far away) and whilst it has done sterling service and taught me much, I have learned the errors of my ways. Thanks to the tax man I have a bit of an unexpected windfall, so to celebrate this rare occasion the question I have wrestled with the last few weeks is a choice of Kraken, Origen V2, another Rose V2 or the Rose v2s? I have no VV/VW, so they will adorn my beloved Fortune OB and Double s. Thoughts please?

Origen v2,inax and sat22 are the top dogs at the mo mate,with an honorable nod to the bargain steamboy 2.3. Sure @bigbenson or DaveX be able to advise further as I only have the steamboy

Origen v2,inax and sat22 are the top dogs at the mo mate,with an honorable nod to the bargain steamboy 2.3. Sure @bigbenson or @DaveX be able to advise further as I only have the steamboy

Thanks, sure liked the look of the in-ax, but unicorn poo....until the next release anyhoo

Sat22 is a very tight draw and, with a single wick, just doesn't punch like an Origenny. It's lovely and everything, and does what it does, but it's not even the second best genny I've owned even if it tops the rest in looks.

Origenny is everything I said about it in the Origenny thread, it's my favourite atty to date. Both Storm Riders work very well and are damn cheap but I've noticed the pair have begun leaking, the 2.1 due to me tilting it and the 2.3 because the bottom seal has gone very quickly. Neither are huge problems.

Hellfires do good flavour but are fussy bastards. The Pandora Shadow is awesome. For me a genny has to have a reduced cap - all the ones I've had without quickly got sold on.

The Pandora Shadow is awesome.

I have considered it, but thought the draw might be a bit tight. Still a contender, but the Origen looks as if it might be the one....if only Lee & Andy stopped arsing around with drippers and turned their genius to a proper atty (sighs quietly)

inax. but you will struggle to get one.
so origenny.

no other contenders imo.

Thanks all for your advice, I was already leaning to the origenny, now have one inbound:yahoo:

A bit late to the party but just to add in my 2pence worth .... RSM Rocket R

Current faves 1. Rocket R, 2. Sat22, 3. Origen .... in that order

Back
Top Bottom