What's new

Some advice on what to buy

Well it turned up this very morning, so I threw a Kanthal build in there, coming in at a pretty high for me 0.94ohm.

I then assembled it and without taking proper note of Qorax's video, opened the juice control fully and lost a load of juice. After watching the video again, I turned it about 3/4 of the way and it's now vaping great and looks superb as well, with the Quartz tank.

I did manage to drop one of the screws, so I'll be spending about half an hour looking for the bloody thing.

It's gorgeous as well, with one of my GD's on top of it, well pleased.
Fortunately I'd studied well so knew what to do with the juice control, I did have a screw come out though but managed not to drop it, it took me bloody ages to get it back in though. It's tiny and a man of my advanced years, poor eyes and shaky hands was never going to find it easy!

I'm using 70 vg and when the tank is full start with about one and a quarter turns, reducing slightly as the tank gets emptier, this seems to work well.

I haven't set up my second yet, I was contemplating keeping it as a spare but it's just so good it would be a shame not to use it so will.

Enjoy!

Oh get that second one going!!! I have 3 on the go here at all times. :2thumbsup:

Oh get that second one going!!! I have 3 on the go here at all times. :2thumbsup:
I will as soon as the steel tank arrives!

A thought on that, the drip tip to use with the steel tank must be really tight to ensure it doesn't spin when adjusting the juice control as the only way you will be able to tell how much it is open (apart from taking a vape) is how many turns you've made as you can't see the chimney!

The Tips I'm sending for you to try will all do that job for you Matey. :2thumbsup:

The Garry Dibley drip tip that I currently have on it works perfectly fine, as it's quite a tight fit in the top cap.

Im really excited about getting mine after reading this thread I went for the air tip I don't know why as it doesn't need the extra air I think it was because i had seen it in the v1 review.

Two to have a look @ are:

Tilemahos V2Plus and the new Kayfun Mini V3.

These are my latest originals and for MTL and flavour they are excellent.

Check out the reviews on utube. I can't confirm how the Tilemahos will last but Kayfuns are bullet proof

I want to treat myself to an authentic RTA in the New Year so am after some advice on what to get.

I'm strictly MTL but do like an airy draw doing so. I've used the banned c word of Taifun GT2, Hurricane V1.2 and UTA2.

I'm having problems finding genuine versions apart from the Hurricane V 1.3.

I'm fairly new to building so my skills are limited and want something easy which is why the Hurricane is looking good.

But what about the Calix, is that easy to build and wick? Also the Squape Rs but that looks a pain as the changeable deck gets stuck.

I have a few quid to spend so what do you think, is the Hurricane my best bet?

Cheers.
Tw

Back
Top Bottom