What's new

Resale values

thats a hell of a lot of words when quite simply you could sum it up by saying. the market has been flooded by cheap crap and vapers are a tight bunch of chunts :P

In response to Mawsley's OP

A while back I had to buy a new car, no matter how I examined the figures the models I liked and even the ones I didn't like would work with my budget.
So I had to buy a second hand version of the one I wanted and I ended up with a fairly decent car that was over 10 years old but fitted my budget.

My point being as much as I would love to own an original mods or two, unless one comes for sale second hand at a price I can afford to pay I ain't gonna be able to buy it no matter how much I want it.

As far as I'm concerned new cars are stupid money and so are original mods but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate them and the value they have.

At the end of the day is a buyers market and if they wont or can't afford the sellers price it ain't gonna get sold, but just cos I can't afford a price doesn't mean I'd make the seller a downright offensive offer I'd just go without.

Sorry if this don't make sense, not easy writing while trying to run a 5 meter wide printer lol

It's been interesting reading through the seven pages of posts here, But in my opinion, I think I can sum it up.....
In the past, the quality original mods/atties/etc were in serious short supply and could hold a reasonable residual value on resale, but the demographics have changed, Now there is a not necessarily a glut of components for sale, but a large market for the purchaser to buy from...The days of being elite, and managing to buy a much sought after unit if thats the right word are gone. The second hand market is awash with good quality items, both original and copies for sale and the only way to make sure that you sell your offerings is to sell at a price that is acceptable to your customer....I recently put up a (cloned) lotus dripper/maraxus mod combination on the classies and was sold for a fair price in less than fifteen minutes.

I think that just because the original purchaser paid a lot of money for an item that he/she will get a lot of money back on that item if sold on is a totally flawed idea.

The real shame is that Smok or Youde do not seem to even be attempting new original equipment these days at the scale they were previously. When you get asked to recommend a budget mod the answer is often Magneto - where is the new version from Smok? Magneto is old hat now. Same for UD, though they do release new kit regularly quite often it is polar in that it either works really well or it is frustratingly bad

Take a peek here - http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...-w7-aga-t6-aga-t7-coming-soon.html#post428621

The IGO W7 looks like it want to play origen !

Aga t6 and t7 look extremely interesting, is the t6 an inverted genesis or am I really confused?

I see more tanks in my future.

What have you got for sale ?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I think the winds are changing somewhat, maybe even in the last 6 months.

Bearing in mind that the mod "industry" is still pretty much in it's infancy, we have recently seen The Scarab and Fortune mods, both priced competitively, and both British made. Admittedly they are made in short runs, but they are made in a country whose manufacturing industry is not renowned for being either plentiful or cheap. If they can make a mod in the expensive UK manufacturing market and sell it at a reasonable price, then people will slowly realise that mods made in other countries, with greater manufacturing capabilities and lower paid workforces, shouldn't be charging £150 for a mod.

Back on topic, the classifieds have been slow recently, not just here, but on every forum/facebook/etc that I frequent. Part of it is that we are in the holiday season and people don't have as much readily available cash. The other thing is that there is more availability. Over on another vaping forum, at the beginning of the year, 2nd hand Taifun GT's were regularly selling for around the £90/95 mark. 5 months later they are going for £50.

My big gripe is the used KFL market. People seem to think that £60 is a fair price for a 2nd hand atty, when they are only £66 brand new (plus postage). I just thing a reality check is needed.

I generally think that for high end stuff, I would aim to recover about 70% of purchase price, less P&P, but I am in a position where I am happy to hold on to stuff if I don't get what I want. If they don't want to pay it, then it is their loss.

My big gripe is the used KFL market. People seem to think that £60 is a fair price for a 2nd hand atty, when they are only £66 brand new (plus postage). I just thing a reality check is needed.

I generally think that for high end stuff, I would aim to recover about 70% of purchase price, less P&P, but I am in a position where I am happy to hold on to stuff if I don't get what I want. If they don't want to pay it, then it is their loss.

I've pulled out on two potential swaps for Kayfuns because originality could not be verified. I'm amazed that anyone will pay to save a tenner on something that could be nothing more than a clone.

I was offered a 3.1 that was clearly a clone by someone pretending it was genuine as well.

I'll be getting my second one new.

Back
Top Bottom