What's new

Resale values

The vape market is still young. - Every manufacture scrabbling for a piece of the pie.

It'll die down as such in terms of manufacturers over the next few years and that's where the good original pieces will come to shine. There resale value will go up at that point. As Plume has said, there is a finite number of design possibilities

At the moment it's a too flooded market, everyday with the next 'big thing' - So to try and resell an original now, unless it's a small run limited item, then the resale will be harder

The good will stay and the bad will fall away

Last edited:
The vape market is still young. - Every manufacture scrabbling for a piece of the pie.

It'll die down as such in terms of manufacturers over the next few years and that's where the good original pieces will come to shine. There resale value will go up at that point. As Plum has said, there is a finite number of design possibilities

At the moment it's a too flooded market, everyday with the next 'big thing' - So to try and resell an original now, unless it's a small run limited item, then the resale will be harder

The good will stay and the bad will fall away

There's truth in that & time will show the results.

Or if buyers decide to keep their integrity intact & just say no. Zero buyers = zero sales.

That's like saying the fast food industry will stop pumping salt, sugar and fat into their 'food' once customers stop buying a big mac and opt for a salad. Wont happen. People can't be relied on to make the clever choices, if it's there they will buy it, so the only way to stop clones (or 2500 calorie burgers) being bought is to stop them being sold.

That's like saying the fast food industry will stop pumping salt, sugar and fat into their 'food' once customers stop buying a big mac and opt for a salad. Wont happen. People can't be relied on to make the clever choices, if it's there they will buy it, so the only way to stop clones (or 2500 calorie burgers) being bought is to stop them being sold.

Not true. If you shop smart you can buy what you want & not what what they are trying to force feed you. I don't buy bags of sugar & i don't eat fast food. We have a choice ! If you buy a clone mod today, who's fault is that ? The supply is fed by the demand & we put our money where we choose without being forced so if you or anyone buy cheap fakes then you or anyone is reinforcing the fake market.

Saying it's China's fault is shirking your own responsibility onto something/someone else ! Is there a gun to your head ? I make MY own "clever choices"

I make MY own "clever choices"

You are the exception that proves the rule.

It's great that you make good, informed choices, but on the whole people do not. Stick a bag of sweets infront of a child, tell them their teeth will rot, they'll spoil their dinner, apples are a tasty alternative, then let them decide whether to eat the sweets, guess what they're gonna do....

I just think it's unethical to rely on the customer to do what is right, when legally, morally, the choice should not be available to them in the first place. In an ideal world we'd all do 'the right thing' but it's not and we don't.

Yes, but expecting china not to clone popular items and people not buy them is pretty much like sitting at the bottom of the swimming pool and expecting to breathe. There's not a product that has found its way to china, usually on the design board as everyone likes the cheap manufacturing rates, that has not been cloned, up to and including morphey richards irons of all things. And 99% of people will, without fail, pick the cheaper option, in all walks of life, and then grumble about it when the cheap option turns out to be the poor choice.

There are quite a few though who will buy cheap to get a feel for things, then move on to better options, people need to learn for themselves.

now your talking JennyS

If it was over haribo cola bottles or tesco value cola bottles - whole different ball game

:)

now your talking @JennyS

If it was over haribo cola bottles or tesco value cola bottles - whole different ball game

:)

I gotta admit, as much as I'm very anti-clone when it comes to ecigs (and most other things) I have been known to indulge in some Aldi's finest leon bars, washed down with a nice glass of iron brow

Some twat in another place may as well have PM'd me to hand deliver something for free and give him a wank while setting it all up for him using my spare hand.

I find it very hard to maintain an air of civility sometimes when dealing with arseholes. I'll give stuff away on here for free before I sell at a stupidly low price on another forum.

Meanwhile, on Facebook, someone offered me a 3.1 clone in exchange for my VTR. What fucking planet do these people live on?

Back
Top Bottom