What's new

Resale values

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Having tried and failed to sell a few mods & atties recently I can't help but think that the market is overloaded with mods from the land of Pinoy.

The only genuine stuff that seems to be keeping close to its original price when selling appears to be the limited runs of locally made but plain high-end gear and the Nemesis.

Anyone else noticed this? Any thoughts?

I'd say its not related to pinnoy stuff, to me the classies have been slowing down for some time. It used to be a hot bed as there was so little around, most new stuff involved F5 or being in the right place at the right time. With more and more stuff being released this is not so much the case, classies are now awash with bargains, rather than stuff vendors are sold out of that you pay a premium for. There is still stuff that holds its value, but it changes regularly as to what people are paying money for. Right now drippers are hot stuff, origen v1 and v2 and the zenith v2 are well up on resale value, some of the DNA30's are but with more and more available other DNA30's are not so much. To get a sale these days you either need to offer it as a bargain, or give it time. these days the classies are mush more a buyers market than a sellers.

I think the problem is down to pricing. People pay say £30 for a clone mod here in the UK, then use it. Decide now it's time to sell, asking £28 delivered. I know that's mainly down to the high p&p and PayPal charges that mean at £28 seller would be lucky to see £23 pound back, but there's lies the problem, why would anyone pay £28 for a used item when they can firstly get a new one for £30 in the uk or even worse as you already mention approx £15 from china.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

hi
i have never sold any vaping stuff.
but as a buyer, if something s/h is say £80 and new was £100 i would go for a nice new virgin for the sake of £20+post :)

I think the problem is down to pricing. People pay say £30 for a clone mod here in the UK, then use it. Decide now it's time to sell, asking £28 delivered. I know that's mainly down to the high p&p and PayPal charges that mean at £28 seller would be lucky to see £23 pound back, but there's lies the problem, why would anyone pay £28 for a used item when they can firstly get a new one for £30 in the uk or even worse as you already mention approx £15 from china.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

you mentioned the 'C' word in the vape pit.....off with your head ;) haha

hi
i have never sold any vaping stuff.
but as a buyer, if something s/h is say £80 and new was £100 i would go for a nice new virgin for the sake of £20+post :)

Exactly my point, most people would. But second hand in good condition at half the price might make you think twice. The depreciation of the value of an item is one thing that sets the price but unfortunately the other overheads,Paypal and Royal snail are bumping the price up so much that either the buyer overpays or the seller takes a significant loss.

In most things other than vaping we as a nation tend to buy new, unless its a real bargain. I'd hazzard a guess that we have more car boot sales than we have 2ed hand stores and most of those are charity shops. In the early days of vaping there was so little higher end vape gear about that a lot of the time the only place you could get stuff was 2ed hand. And this is why you payed a premium for 2ed hand gear, This market has now declined a little as supply is begining to meet demand, It wasen't that long ago there were only a dosen or so modders selling gear, now there are more than its possible to keep track of. The classies will always be around, its just a matter of what people will pay, and that is often different today than it was yesterday, probebly be diferent again tomorrow.

It could be just the time of year. It could be a completely random turn of events currently happening, maybe a good number of people are sorted for their gear right now, maybe they're getting the right advise ! As for the classies on here, they have been going through a full on clean up, shake up, change & i reckon they have taken a knock. Perhaps some people have shied away from there just for now, it made me take a step back, i'm still looking in there but have been waiting to see how the new system pans out. It's like we're waiting for a summary to kick start it again.

Key is to think twice about what you buy, shinyitus is common and leads to the compulsive spending on stuff we probably don't need, and ultimately end up trying to offload in the classifieds to try to claw back some of those hard earned bucks....so now I've saved everyone with my wise words, anybody got a copper stingray for sale.

Back
Top Bottom