What's new

ORIGEN Genesis V2 by norbert

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1416858068.783742.jpg
Pow!

First build, mesh straw to completely fill the hole, 6 wraps of .37kanthal

Chucking out the vapour and the flavour.

Second largest air hole.

Will try mesh micros when I find a suitable drill bit.

Sent from the dirty Midlands

I'm loving the Origen but is anyone else find that its a pain in the fucking ass to pull the deck surround off and then getting it back on? I don't mean the bit you unscrew where the drip tip sits. Its really getting on my nerves - its getting it past the 2nd rubber band inside that's the issue. I've just struggled with it for 10 minutes and hurt my bloody wrist and I have several imprints on my index finger and on my hand now. :(

Anyone got a technique?

Last edited:
I'm loving the Origen but is anyone else find that its a pain in the fucking ass to pull the deck surround off and then getting it back on? I don't mean the bit you unscrew where the drip tip sits. Its really getting on my nerves - its getting it past the 2nd rubber band inside that's the issue. I've just struggled with it for 10 minutes and hurt my bloody wrist and I have several imprints on my index finger and on my hand now. :(

Anyone got a technique?

mine is like that too, hoping it'll loosen up over time, but i kinda like it being very secure. once you've got the build and airflow nailed you can just about get the fill screw out when the top is unscrewed so no need to keep taking the cap off. if the fill screw was a couple of mm longer it would have been perfect, but not sure if this would clash with the inside of the cap.

Anyone got a technique?

Do something to build your wrists up?

Replace the rubber bands with washers?

Are you on about the cap, chap? I have a rubberised cloth I use for grippy things and this cap is one of them. I'm not griping though as the tight fit ensures no dripping.

Apparently removing the orings and giving them and the groves they sit in a good clean helps with getting the top cap on and off ? Don't own one myself but did a bit of reading up as I do quite fancy getting one.

View attachment 38159
Pow!

First build, mesh straw to completely fill the hole, 6 wraps of .37kanthal

Chucking out the vapour and the flavour.

Second largest air hole.

Will try mesh micros when I find a suitable drill bit.

Sent from the dirty Midlands

And try a cotton build,ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Problem solved. Take the o ring out of the top groove. Slides on and off without too much effort now but still retains the air tightness needed. Sweet, and means I wont be selling both of them (which I considered the other night)

P.S. Taken the cotton out too and used mesh. Gotta keep the status quo innit! :)

Back
Top Bottom