What's new

Wicking for TC

Will be updating tomorrow I guess! Titanium is springy as he'll to work with and needs real force to fit it in especially with 0.5mm on a lemo 2 deck but seems more stable than nickel and potentially more durable over a longer period of time

Will be updating tomorrow I guess! Titanium is springy as he'll to work with and needs real force to fit it in especially with 0.5mm on a lemo 2 deck but seems more stable than nickel and potentially more durable over a longer period of time

I was going to order some from stealthvape the other day, but didn't realize how much more expensive it was. £ 8.99. More than twice as much as ni200.

I was going to order some from stealthvape the other day, but didn't realize how much more expensive it was. £ 8.99. More than twice as much as ni200.

Don't forget the free muji, vape band and wire though! Tbh I think it's worth it as I'm far more confident in not having hot legs with spaced coils with Ti and dry burning the gunk off at 600f seems to make em last longer. Would never have done that with nickel even with the twisted nickel microcoils a la Tubbyengineer. Just make sure you've had your ready break when you're fitting it into your atty!

Don't forget the free muji, vape band and wire though! Tbh I think it's worth it as I'm far more confident in not having hot legs with spaced coils with Ti and dry burning the gunk off at 600f seems to make em last longer. Would never have done that with nickel even with the twisted nickel microcoils a la Tubbyengineer. Just make sure you've had your ready break when you're fitting it into your atty!

Got some 22awg A1 in the post as we speak , free cotton and wire too. Didn't realize about the vape bands tho, lol. Wished I'd ordered it along with now. Do you find you get a better vape vs there ni200?

I do get a better vape if only because it's easier to play with the wick if it's not working and I can manoeuvre the coil into different positions. I'm still not great at twisted nickel builds which seem to fare a lot better than the spaced nickel builds that I typically used. I think I went off to titanium when all this crap about nickel got spouted by grimm green and ilk but then I read the studies and realised they were talking bollocks and Dr F is probably the only person to pay some heed to... And even then I double check. So yeah in sort of stumbled upon titanium because actually prior to that I was perfectly happy with nickel on my rdna.... Until I used a higher powered device... Ffs when will it all end lol!

I do get a better vape if only because it's easier to play with the wick if it's not working and I can manoeuvre the coil into different positions. I'm still not great at twisted nickel builds which seem to fare a lot better than the spaced nickel builds that I typically used. I think I went off to titanium when all this crap about nickel got spouted by grimm green and ilk but then I read the studies and realised they were talking bollocks and Dr F is probably the only person to pay some heed to... And even then I double check. So yeah in sort of stumbled upon titanium because actually prior to that I was perfectly happy with nickel on my rdna.... Until I used a higher powered device... Ffs when will it all end lol!

Lol. I watched grimm's vid. I found his logic very flawed. Didn't want to vape on his own nickel coils that are exposed so you can see any hot spots, but perfectly happy to vape on a pre built coil stuck inside a metal shell made by the lowest bidders for some cheap Chinese company only interested in profit. FUBAR.

We can get cheap titanium but do you want really want us to sell cheap titanium?

Hello, thanks for responding. Firstly, I did mean to say above that I don't know what the relative merits of your and TCW Co's titanium are, so apologies for that.

I guess the answer to your question lies in whether there is a qualitative difference in the Grade 1 titanium you sell and the Grade 1 titanium wire they sell. I'm no metallurgist, so perhaps naively assume that being able to label titanium wire as Grade 1 means that it has had to comply with certain rigorous criteria. Are all Grade 1 titanium wires identical in composition? I don't know, please tell me.

I mean, I wanted to buy that fancy titanium from Sweetspot vapors at three times the price simply because they advertise it as specifically made for vaping, with a proprietary vacuum annealing process before being cleaned ultrasonically and rinsed in the tears of angels, but they were sold out. Does that make me a mug falling for fancy advertising or is their wire really better and not just cleaner than TCW Co's? I certainly have to clean the wire from TCW Co, which is a bit of a pain.

Wire is so cheap and my health important enough to me that I want to buy the best. I'll buy some of your wire today and see if it's any cleaner, or performs any better than TCW Co's, but that still wouldn't necessarily tell me if its chemical composition was any different to that of TCW Co or Sweetspot vapors.

Perhaps this would all be easier if you answered your own question. :D In what way is your titanium wire superior to The Crazy Wire Company's?

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for responding. Firstly, I did mean to say above that I don't know what the relative merits of your and TCW Co's titanium are, so apologies for that.

I guess the answer to your question lies in whether there is a qualitative difference in the Grade 1 titanium you sell and the Grade 1 titanium wire they sell. I'm no metallurgist, so perhaps naively assume that being able to label titanium wire as Grade 1 means that it has had to comply with certain rigorous criteria. Are all Grade 1 titanium wires identical in composition? I don't know, please tell me.

I mean, I wanted to buy that fancy titanium from Sweetspot vapors at three times the price simply because they advertise it as specifically made for vaping, with a proprietary vacuum annealing process before being cleaned ultrasonically and rinsed in the tears of angels, but they were sold out. Does that make me a mug falling for fancy advertising or is their wire really better and not just cleaner than TCW Co's? I certainly have to clean the wire from TCW Co, which is a bit of a pain.

Wire is so cheap and my health important enough to me that I want to buy the best. I'll buy some of your wire today and see if it's any cleaner, or performs any better than TCW Co's, but that still wouldn't necessarily tell me if its chemical composition was any different to that of TCW Co or Sweetspot vapors.

Perhaps this would all be easier if you answered your own question. :D In what way is your titanium wire superior to The Crazy Wire Company's?

All wire benefits from a clean and titanium has either titanium oxide (not titanium dioxide) on the surface and graphits is used as a lubricant with Ti drawing (I think)

We give ours a polish with 3 sets of felt pads which takes off the majority of any dust or oil. I've got some photos on a different machine I'll post shortly. I make a point of changing the felt pads regularly with new ones I make myself out of sheet felt.

For certain wires like ni200 ribbon, the wire can be noticeably oily so those spools are soaked in containers of isopropyl alcohol for a few weeks the respooled while they're still wet helping the felt pads catch the oil. In the case of Ni200 ribbon and Ti wire we also white glove the wire as it's fed through the respooler. It's actually quite handy doing that to control the wire tension too.

Our Ti is certified medical grade and we've published the datasheet. The main things that makes grades 1 to 4 titanium differ are the gas levels. Oxygen levels are of interest to us because with the potential worry of TiO2 forming on the wire surface the amount of oxygen present in the wire will greatly affect the rate at which it oxidises.

So less oxygen the better.

In the datasheet you'll see the target gas levels and the actual gas levels.

Medical grade Ti seems to have much lower gas levels.

We were a bit hesitant about selling Ti wire so bought the best we could. Of particular interest is the finish. Ours has a finish that's called bright. As opposed to acid washed. It's our understanding that bright Ti wire has a further advantage to acid washed with regards to oxide formation.

All titanium annealing is done under vacuum or in an argon filled furnace btw. Some vendors seem to make a marketing point of the annealing process to make it sound more special than it might necessarily be.

Ultrasonic cleaning, now that's an idea. Something so obvious I can't believe I'm not doing it. And I will.

So, to recap medical grade 1 is better than grade 1, at least on paper.

Different finish as far as I know to all the other Ti wire out there

It costs more

We give it a polish

And some love :p

Back
Top Bottom