What's new

Triade 250 SS issues?

snowtek

Initiate
Hey all!

I treated myself to a Triade 250 a few months ago and have been using an OBS engine with kanthal coils and it's been pretty good.. Since I bought a DNA chip, I thought that I should probably go for some Temp Control builds, but I just can't seem the get the thing working at all.. It constantly switches back to VW mode.. I've tried single wire, single wire dual coil, claptons, etc etc... I've tried it with low ohms and high ohms.. I've got about 5 different profiles for SS and nothing consistently works. Occasionally the mod will detect that it's TC and will work for maybe 5 minutes (Although apparantly doesn't hit the 450F I've set...)

I dunno.. The one time I've got it all working and when my FiL got his working I felt like it was amazing and I hated going back to Kanthal but this is getting painful now. :/

Anyone have any tips / tricks that might help me out!?

You need to make sure you have a decent spaced coil, and need to make sure you've got the atty stone cold before you register and lock the starting resistance.

Have you got the latest firmware installed? My triade was working straight out of the box but my squonker had the same issues your having. I went onto the evolve site and upgraded the firmware and it's been fine since.

You need to make sure you have a decent spaced coil, and need to make sure you've got the atty stone cold before you register and lock the starting resistance.
I've tried it with spaced coils and non spaced and neither worked for me.. The best I've had so far is single wraps with spaced coils but even that wasn't all that great. :/ Guessing I can't do much with claptop or any other fancy types of coils?

Have you got the latest firmware installed? My triade was working straight out of the box but my squonker had the same issues your having. I went onto the evolve site and upgraded the firmware and it's been fine since.

I'm not too sure, I've not updated it since I bought it - when was the latest update and what exactly has it done??

I'm not sure but if you log in and connect your mod it will check and update if needed

I've tried it with spaced coils and non spaced and neither worked for me.. The best I've had so far is single wraps with spaced coils but even that wasn't all that great. :/ Guessing I can't do much with claptop or any other fancy types of coils?

I'm not too sure, I've not updated it since I bought it - when was the latest update and what exactly has it done??

Carry out an update!!

I use SS316L fused claptons - contact coils - on two different DNA mods and haven't looked back since. Nothing else comes close.

There was a big update in the way the DNA200 did TC in August last year which made it even better. I'm not sure of when the DNA250 came out compared to their firmware updates, but its definitely worth checking you're on the latest one.
I can't tell you the f/w version for the Triade DNA250 (mine is in for repair with a failed screen) but escribe is up to version 1.2 SP 5.2.
That should come with the latest firmware you need so check that's installed on your device.

In escribe check the atomiser analyser and make sure your build is stable and not jumping around before you do anything else.

Also, I never use the default SS316L profile. I use the one from Steam Engine which is called "SS316L / Elite". Check which type of SS you're using and download an appropriate csv and make sure its set in the profile you're using. Sorry if this is already obvious to you - but I've explained this a lot elsewhere - there are quite a few different types of SS and people don't always pick the right one.

If you use contact coils, dry burn them and work out any hotspots then let it cool. Once its down to room temperature only then switch to the profile you've set up for temp control. I can't comment on spaced coils - I've never needed to do them with SS.
Your wattage required will vary based on your build - mine are usually dual coils at about 0.11-0.13 ohms and for that I use 120w preheat and 100w setting and let temp control do the work.
I'd recommend starting out low with your punch setting, but you can gradually increase if necessary or depending on your preference.

Avoid locking your resistance on a DNA mod, let the chip do the work. Also, don't forget that the DNA will continue to read the resistance of your coil for a while after you put it down and will correct for the temperature of the room.

What does device monitor show you when you check that while vaping? Are you getting to temperature? Or not getting there? Watching the graphs in real time can give you some useful insight into what may be going wrong.

Good luck getting it sorted and post back with the settings in your profile if you have any questions about those. I'm not sure of the rules on posting links to other forums, but there's a lot of discussion on Evolv's forums about it.

Back
Top Bottom