What's new

This is what I plan on doing to give TC a try (Updated)

Tootlevape

Achiever
Hi fellow Apes,
I am a low power Mtl vaper whose usual setup is a single 1.0 ohm coil at 14 watts.
I know how to wick to avoid dry hits and I very rarely, if ever, let my tank run dry and besides a dry hit at 14 watts never killed anyone.
So my reason for wanting to give TC a try is more out of curiosity and to see if the vape is in any way better.

I have the mod - Dicodes dani mini
The wire is in the post - Resistherm NiFe30
I have the rta - kayfun prime
I intend to follow the Phil Busardo coil making method of making the coil to suit the deck and ignoring the coil resistance.
I intend setting the power at around 30 watts and the temperature at 390 F.
I know all about initialising the coil resistance at room temperature.and how critical this is.

So, as you can see I have done a bit of reading and I think I know what I am doing. However, the man who thinks he knows everything has learned nothing as my old dad was fond of saying so if you are able to offer any advice based on your experiences of TC vaping (particularily as a Mtl vaper) I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance :thankssign:

You should definitely give it a go and find out which vaping styyle you prefer ... in the end you might well do both.

The net result of my TC trials, with many different mods, atties and wires was that TC vaping is no better and no worse than vaping in wattage/power modes. The clear difference is in the delivery. I'll say no more than that as I don't wish to spoil your experimentation. Keep an open mind and enjoy yourself.

A beneficial take away for me from my TC trials was an improvement in my wicking technique. I also stopped making closed wrap coils, prefering spaced wraps EVERY time.

Resistherm is quite expensive for the amount you get, Stealthvape do a NiFe30 much cheaper, only difference is the Coefficient is 500 rather than 320, vapes just the same.

Resistherm is quite expensive for the amount you get, Stealthvape do a NiFe30 much cheaper, only difference is the Coefficient is 500 rather than 320, vapes just the same.
Every NiFe30 wire that I tried to order from Stealthvape was out of stock so I said fukit and ordered the resistherm from Creme de Vape

You should definitely give it a go and find out which vaping styyle you prefer ... in the end you might well do both.

The net result of my TC trials, with many different mods, atties and wires was that TC vaping is no better and no worse than vaping in wattage/power modes. The clear difference is in the delivery. I'll say no more than that as I don't wish to spoil your experimentation. Keep an open mind and enjoy yourself.

A beneficial take away for me from my TC trials was an improvement in my wicking technique. I also stopped making closed wrap coils, prefering spaced wraps EVERY time.
That is something I was wondering about. I have read thet TC requires a loosely wicked coil. I would normally have the cotton just very slightly dragging the coil. Does it need to be even looser?

That is something I was wondering about. I have read thet TC requires a loosely wicked coil. I would normally have the cotton just very slightly dragging the coil. Does it need to be even looser?

I would say just wick it as you normally do.

... why does it require a looser wicked coil?

I'm not a MTL vaper, let me say that first, because I also heard a lot about changing the wicking approach before and during my TC trials. From things I have read from MTL vapers, many of them dislike a saturated wick which I find a little odd. It could be that typical MTL builds work better with a tighter wick than a DL build, that's an assumption ... but TC requires faster and more consistent wicking than wattage mode. Hence those MTL vapers who wicked their builds tightly under wattage mode needed to wick looser for TC to work without getting a No Juice message.

I don't think wicking cotton itself behaves any differently under TC than it does in wattage mode. It transports the juice to the coil, getting the right wick depends more on the juice and the tank's juice flow design than the nature of the power being delivered to the wire.

I would say just wick it as you normally do.

... why does it require a looser wicked coil?
That was something that I read. Some people were describing their TC vape as weak and saying that TC was cutting power too soon so it was suggested that they needed a looser wick to keep the coil saturated as @scrumpox mentions above.

That was something that I read. Some people were describing their TC vape as weak and saying that TC was cutting power too soon so it was suggested that they needed a looser wick to keep the coil saturated as @scrumpox mentions above.

When the coil reaches the temp you set it at, it cuts out, that's all TC is.... it could be they were experiencing this mid draw....and would normally in power mode keep their finger on the fire button longer.
As mentioned play around with the temp and don't forget your wattage as this plays a part in how fast or slow the coil will reach your chosen temp..... to dial in your preferred style of draw....enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom