What's new

Temperature Control Newbie

humax

Postman
Hi Guys

I'm looking to have a go at T.C and I will be using a IPV 4S on a Bellus rta. I don't think the IPV 4S has a setting for SS so I'm thinking that I will be using maybe Ni200 or Titanium wire I also hear good things about the NiFe30 wire. As the Bellus rta only has a small deck what do you guys think would be the best wire for a newbie like me to start with.

Thanks All

Okay i will give the NiFe30 a go and wont bother with the Nickel if its shit :D So I'm thinking some NiFe30 26 AWG might be the one to go with. As the Bellus only has a small deck i can only use something like a 2 to 2.5 mm drill bit to wrap me coils,do you see any problems with using small coils for T.C ? Also i am not sure were to start i only vape now at about 30w on my duel coil 2mm wrapped clapton coils. So do i keep the wattage the same and just bump up the temp till i hit something i like.

:)

Okay i will give the NiFe30 a go and wont bother with the Nickel if its shit :D So I'm thinking some NiFe30 26 AWG might be the one to go with. As the Bellus only has a small deck i can only use something like a 2 to 2.5 mm drill bit to wrap me coils,do you see any problems with using small coils for T.C ? Also i am not sure were to start i only vape now at about 30w on my duel coil 2mm wrapped clapton coils. So do i keep the wattage the same and just bump up the temp till i hit something i like.

:)
If you're going to be using dual coil set ups you'll want 29 gauge NiFe30 or you'll struggle to get high enough resistance. 28 gauge is good for single coils. 2.5mm coils will be fine. Wattage is less significant in TC than in power mode. You can set it to 50 watts and start at 450F, increasing the temp until you find the vape you like.

Thanks for that, so 29 gauge NiFe30 it is then. What ohm should i be aiming for something like 0.4ohm ?

Try to get 0.15 as a minimum. Anything above that will be a bonus. Be sure to wrap spaced coils.

Will do. And do i take it as soon as i am happy with the settings i need to lock that setting in.

I've never used the IPV 4S. Some mods require you to lock in the resistance of the (cold) atomiser, so you'll want to find out if that's the case here. You shouldn't need to lock any settings in apart from that, but whatever suits you. I chop and change the temp a bit so don't bother locking the settings.

Back
Top Bottom