POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Temp Control and MTL

Discussion in 'Temperature Controlled Vaping' started by LordOdin, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Simon G

Simon G Legend

Maybe, I don't even know how you would make a 1ohm coil out of SS, mine never come out anywhere near that 0.6ohm is the highest they ever are. You'd need a pretty wide deck and a lot of wraps, which you could do in an RDA but you wouldn't fit that in any MTL RTA I own.

2. Vape Club
  3. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

mine are always about 1Ω with 30g or a bit higher with 32. need thinner wire.

i’m sure i had read that somewhere though. that the higher the resistance the easier it is for the mod to read the changes. unless i dreamt it... :)

4. Simon G

Simon G Legend

that could be right ... I don't have these issues anyway though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We Vape
  6. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

but anyway, whenever i’ve tried tc it has worked fine, and would usually be at 1Ω at least. so i don’t think too high resistance would cause a problem.

7. mototoo

mototoo Initiate

im using 28 and 30g ss. around 7 wraps. i went into escribe to set a ss316L wire with no preheat. works better for me. i dont get sizzling at first fire. im wondering about the preheat because i got burnt taste from some puffs.

8. Simon G

Simon G Legend

Best way to check stuff like that is with the 'device monitor' in escribe, you'll be able to see exactly what's happening when you take a drag on it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mototoo

mototoo Initiate

still figuring out temp control. made ss build, calculator says 5 wraps for .8 ohms. came out to 1 ohm instead. using no preheat, im changing wicks everyday now instead of 2-3. i think tc gives me slightly better flavor than power mode which is why im still at it.

10. SpennyStooge

SpennyStooge Achiever

Handy thread. Nice one @LordOdin. Just about to do an SS build to try a bit of TC on the Hastur. Me questions are answered in here.

• Like Like x 1