What's new

TC with Aspire Triton SS coils.

rilot

Postman
I recently picked up an Apollo Reliant - Review here: http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f.../83575-apollo-reliant-tc-mod-mini-review.html
Now this device has adjustable TCR (Thermal Coefficient of Resistance) which is adjustable between 10 and 100
ni200 on this device should be set to 69 and titanium to 40. These figures are strikingly similar to the actual TCR of these materials of 60x10^-8 for ni200 and 37x10^-8 for titanium. So, this got me thinking. The stock coils in the Aspire Triton are made of 316 stainless steel which has a TCR of 0.8x10^-8, could I make use of these coils as TC coils with this mod?
The answer seems to be "yes", at least to my limited testing methodology.

I set the device to a TCR of 10, set the temperature to 180C and the power to 60W and let her rip. A bit of an anaemic vape and the TC symbol was lit on the device after about 1 second of pressing the fire button. Cranked it up to 200C and we start getting a much better vape. A bit further to 220C and it was now too hot and tasting burned. Backed it back down to 210C and it's working fine.

This is very interesting as it appears that we can TC with SS coils on this mod.

I don't have any SS wire to do a cotton burn test and I'm not sure how I can test this further. I guess I can dry burn a coil and see if it goes in to thermal shutoff at 210C. I will have a play later.

Having dry burned a Triton coil I can confirm that temperature limiting is working. No burned wick and TC symbol lit immediately.

Back
Top Bottom