What's new

Stainless steel coils, wicking and Tc

Is it just because you are so used to it getting hotter and hotter as you take a draw, that because it isn't it feels like that it's fading off?

It will take a bit of getting used to.

what mod is it? .... it shouldn't really trail off, it should feel at a stable and constant temp.

A smoant knight but since I've been following everyone's advice I've definately seen an improvement. It's more down to my inexperience. The trail off occurred with my very first coil.

Is it just because you are so used to it getting hotter and hotter as you take a draw, that because it isn't it feels like that it's fading off?

It will take a bit of getting used to.

Yeah it could be. It's differently different to wattage vaping

There is more trial & error when you first start, as it's quite a different mindset to power. Persevere with it, it's worth it in my opinion.

Yeah it could be. It's differently different to wattage vaping

indeed. yeah it is and it took me months to get my head around it...

I think what I did at first was just turn the temp down as low as it would go and just kept turning it up a little untill I found the sweet spot... then I went into escribe (which you can't do I know) took a draw while it was on 'device monitor' so I could see how quickly it was reaching that temp, then I adjusted the wattage until it had a nice smooth rise up to the temp over a second or two... that was pretty much it then and I just adjust the temp slightly depending on my mood.

Spoilt with DNA mods, they just work as intended. Find the Evic/Joyetech/Wismec TC mods pretty good as well. Some TC chips I've tried have been garbage, like you said. hit like a brick but struggle to maintain temp. On bad ones you can feel the power kicking in & out. I use TC most of the time especially squonking (saves dry hits when you forget to squonk).
Sorry @vapemac for the waffle but it's experiences like your having that put people off TC, although not everybody enjoys TC regardless.
As regards setting watts you may have to play around to find the oomph to get you to temp without the kick but then keep you at temp so you can enjoy it. It took me a while even on DNA's to find my nice place.

It's definately been a learning curve. I'm so used to just whacking a kanthal coil and vaping that i just need to readjust my mindset a wee bit.

indeed. yeah it is and it took me months to get my head around it...

I think what I did at first was just turn the temp down as low as it would go and just kept turning it up a little untill I found the sweet spot... then I went into escribe (which you can't do I know) took a draw while it was on 'device monitor' so I could see how quickly it was reaching that temp, then I adjusted the wattage until it had a nice smooth rise up to the temp over a second or two... that was pretty much it then and I just adjust the temp slightly depending on my mood.

I have shit loads of ss so I'm just gonna have to get to grips with it :D

It's definately been a learning curve. I'm so used to just whacking a kanthal coil and vaping that i just need to readjust my mindset a wee bit.
Funnily enough I was the same. I've used SS for a long while & then the DNA bug hit & I thought "this'll be easy, same set up but in TC". Much cursing later (& reading posts like this) the penny dropped. Most of my coils are built for TC but can easily drop to power if I'm having an off day or swap to a different mod. Best of both worlds :)2

I have shit loads of ss so I'm just gonna have to get to grips with it :D

I think the key is knowing what you want it to do and then understanding what adjustments you need to make to get that.

Ask yourself 'what I'm I trying to achieve by using TC over wattage' ... for me it was being able to take longer draws, because in wattage I'd find that after a few seconds I would naturally pull away and I realised that was because after a few seconds it was getting to hot for me to comfortably vape, not because I'd really finished my draw.

Funnily enough I was the same. I've used SS for a long while & then the DNA bug hit & I thought "this'll be easy, same set up but in TC". Much cursing later (& reading posts like this) the penny dropped. Most of my coils are built for TC but can easily drop to power if I'm having an off day or swap to a different mod. Best of both worlds :)2

I'm trying to avoid anymore 'bugs' and just work with what I've got :D i stopped smoking because it was far too expensive, vaping is ten times worse :D

I keep thinking i want to try squonking, it never ends!

Back
Top Bottom