What's new

SS coil trouble, bad taste and possibly ruined deck.

Here it comes,
Burned deck has been revitalised by nice long bath in surgical spirit, great,burned taste gone!!
Now to SS ... I did build micro coil with SS 26 /32 AWG Clapton from Crazy Wire, It was giving me very low resistance, tried more wraps(as many as I could fit ) still no joy, under 0.1, anyway that just my fault , I picked wrong wire for such a small coil/build .
Finally I did build from the same wire on Tsunami dripper, nice big non contact coil, easy on wick, dry burned wire on 10-15 W and BOOOOOMMM!!!! Flavor is amazing!! Finally thumbs up!!!
Thank you guys all for word of advice I wouldn't be able to sort it out without your knowledge!!! it really feels great when you solve the problem, massive satisfaction, and the flavor... mmmmmhhhhhmmmmm.
I am still using Kenthal in smaller tank TFV8 Baby and Aromamizer RDTA V2 but the aim is to move to SS all the way and enter the world of TC ... expect more annoying questions ;)
Massive Thanx to POTV crowd.

Big Up The Crew and Kind Regards :2thumbsup:

Here it comes,
Burned deck has been revitalised by nice long bath in surgical spirit, great,burned taste gone!!
Now to SS ... I did build micro coil with SS 26 /32 AWG Clapton from Crazy Wire, It was giving me very low resistance, tried more wraps(as many as I could fit ) still no joy, under 0.1, anyway that just my fault , I picked wrong wire for such a small coil/build .
Finally I did build from the same wire on Tsunami dripper, nice big non contact coil, easy on wick, dry burned wire on 10-15 W and BOOOOOMMM!!!! Flavor is amazing!! Finally thumbs up!!!
Thank you guys all for word of advice I wouldn't be able to sort it out without your knowledge!!! it really feels great when you solve the problem, massive satisfaction, and the flavor... mmmmmhhhhhmmmmm.
I am still using Kenthal in smaller tank TFV8 Baby and Aromamizer RDTA V2 but the aim is to move to SS all the way and enter the world of TC ... expect more annoying questions ;)
Massive Thanx to POTV crowd.

Big Up The Crew and Kind Regards :2thumbsup:

Some Crazy Wite 28/32 SS works well in the Pro RBA's :). You should easily be able to get 6 wraps per side contact coils and the resistance won't be anything crazy either :).

Glad things are starting to fall into place and some good results does wonders :D.

Thanx again Arctic_Wolf Top Man appreciate that, off shopping !!
By the way I see U have quite collection of tanks/RDTA'S there which one would you recommend for TC with SS ??

Cheers

Thanx again Arctic_Wolf Top Man appreciate that, off shopping !!
By the way I see U have quite collection of tanks/RDTA'S there which one would you recommend for TC with SS ??

Cheers

The Crown 2 I don't have the specific RBA's for (I have some Rafale RBA's that will fit but will probably leak and the Rafale RBA's are more or less a stock coil with a coiling tool, they're crap), so I've decided I'm not gonna bother building with the Crown 2 or the Rafale and just use the stocks.

The Isub Apex is my nemesis tank lol, I hate the damned thing pmsl ;). That's been benched.

Otherwise, SS works well in all of the others bud :). Build higher resistance rather than lower and you'll get very good flavour and still a decent cloud if that's what you want as well :).

Back
Top Bottom