What's new

So what's new in the TC world?

danb

Achiever
Good evening Apes,

I've been away for a very long time, nice to see these familiar screens again! Hello to all my friends and sorry I've been out of touch.

Unfortunately, my SMY SDNA75 developed a fault at the weekend involving it constantly draining the battery even when not in use. Drained HG2 to 0.8 V (disposed of that). Not sure if it's fixable but I'm not inclined to try. I'm completely out of touch with vaping tech these days, having settled into a comfortable vaping niche. Using my old cuboid now but its so damn heavy!

So, if you had to get a single battery DNA mod without breaking the bank (something in the vein of the SDNA75, VT75 nano), what would you go for? Is DNA60 a thing now? Are there any serious TC players these days besides the triumvirate of Evolv, Dicodes and YiHi (was never a big fan of the latter)?

Ha, watching the DJLsbvapes review already. I'm liking it. Thanks bud!

Ha, you're back then @danb - I thought you'd been kidnapped by aliens...
TBH not much changie in TC land, there the new Colour DNA 75c but thats about it.
You could pick up an SD Mini By Vape Cige for about £38, An SD75 (Like the DX 75) an Sbody Vapedroid, or a VT Inbox for about £44, You can also pick up a VT75c for about £52 at the moment. then you're starting to get into the mo' money territory with Epetite DNA60 or VT250s at £68, then you're looking at £90+ for the likes of the Therion, or Paranormal or £110+ for Triades etc...
Not a lot of other choice really unles you're going for a manufacturer specific chipset such as the Aetheon, which is good but not a match to the DNA's...

Ha, you're back then @danb - I thought you'd been kidnapped by aliens...
TBH not much changie in TC land, there the new Colour DNA 75c but thats about it.
You could pick up an SD Mini By Vape Cige for about £38, An SD75 (Like the DX 75) an Sbody Vapedroid, or a VT Inbox for about £44, You can also pick up a VT75c for about £52 at the moment. then you're starting to get into the mo' money territory with Epetite DNA60 or VT250s at £68, then you're looking at £90+ for the likes of the Therion, or Paranormal or £110+ for Triades etc...
Not a lot of other choice really unles you're going for a manufacturer specific chipset such as the Aetheon, which is good but not a match to the DNA's...

Thanks Tubby, yeah I was originally thinking around the £50 mark, but the epetite in black with wood panels looks pretty sexy - also has the MAP discount active on FT... Will probably pull the trigger tonight - DJLsbvapes was very positive, and I tend to trust his reviews. Definitely want to stick with DNA for now, seems to give the best price/performance ratio.

The VT75c looks like a running shoe went through a a rubbish compactor!

Thanks Tubby, yeah I was originally thinking around the £50 mark, but the epetite in black with wood panels looks pretty sexy - also has the MAP discount active on FT... Will probably pull the trigger tonight - DJLsbvapes was very positive, and I tend to trust his reviews. Definitely want to stick with DNA for now, seems to give the best price/performance ratio.

The VT75c looks like a running shoe went through a a rubbish compactor!
I've got one in red which doesn't look too bad but it's just not floating my boat and is spending a lot of time on the shelf. If you can find one the DX 75 is the dogs danglies but they seem to be discontinued and the SD75 from Vape Cige is close in design but I'm not sure about that 510...
The 75c's are based on the 60's so the efficency etc is the same - the advantage is being able to replace the whole menu system with something of your own - Very handy when it comes to the complete train wreck of an interface on the VT75c...
The Epetite is a good choice, lot's of people loving those, personally I'm doing the shiny thing less often now but still tempted by a couple of the mods on there...

Yeah, welcome back @danb

Nothing much has changed ... YiHi are still top dog and Evolv are still Murican shite 3rd party chips to be shoved into god knows what box. :)

So I went ahead and ordered the epetite from FT. Looking forward to trying the DNA60 out. I do still have my VT75 nano, but for some reason my IDA concept (clone), the only atty I ever use now, doesn't register on it. I should really either sell the VT75nano or, more likely, get a different single coil dripper for it.

Thanks for all the comments guys, nice to be back!

Back
Top Bottom