What's new

Reuleaux RX200S T.C Problem

humax

Postman
Hi All

I'm having a problem with my Reuleaux RX200S I am trying to use it in TC for SS but as soon as I hit the fire button it keeps changing back to VW mode. Has anyone had this problem before with a Reuleaux RX200S ?

What ohm you got. Too low in SS & it will kick back to power mode I believe.

SS resistance on low ohm coils is quite poor. TC relies on a resistance change in the wire when heated up & SS only has a small change making it hard for some mods to actually see the change & change power accordingly. I build above 0.3ohm even on DNA mods & don't have your problem. @danb or @Tubbyengineer should be able to explain it better & give better advice but try building around 0.3-0.35ohm. I use an RX2/3 at around this & have no issues.

It's most likely that you're not getting a resistance change - check your coil, make sure it's not touching the posts or that you're not getting hotspots, failing that it's likely to be a poor connection or the atty was not completely cold when you locked the resistance, meaning the starting resistance is wrong...

I've had this issue multiple times in the past with higher resistance SS coils before I got my DNA's and here's the really weird bit if an engineer wants a stab at this one lol...

Sometimes my standard RX did exactly as O.P. has described. I'd let the atty cool, put it on the Cuboid, fire it in TC and it all worked perfectly. Again, let the atty fully cool, put it back on the RX and voila, fires just fine in TC with no more issues!!

WTF is going on there lol??????? I used to clean all contacts, no change. I thought at one stage it was because it was a new coil, something wasn't sitting quite right and when it fired on the Cuboid, the coil perhaps expanded and moved, and things reseated when cooled solving the problem. So, instead of changing mods I simply fired the coil in wattage on the RX to heat/cool, put it back into TC and it still kept jumping out of TC on the RX. So I'd do the same again, back on the Cuboid, fired fine in TC, let it cool and back on the RX, fired fine in TC again!! RX running V3.10 and Cuboid running V1.13, not that I can see that making much difference either. Has always had me scratching my head!!??!?!?!?!?!??

I've still never discovered what on earth was going on there????? I'm mainly using the DNA's for TC now, but I do still use the Cuboid and standard RX in TC, but nowhere near as much as I used to, so I haven't seen it for a while.

Anyone any ideas lol???

Back
Top Bottom