What's new

Ni200 resistance???

I don't know anything about the mod, nor the coils, but are you locking the ohms? It is recommended to do thing while the coil is at rest, i.e. room temp.
By locking in do you mean setting the mod to the right coil in the menu? Or is this something different?

By locking in do you mean setting the mod to the right coil in the menu? Or is this something different?
Hi, well of course you must select the right in the menu ( Ni ) in this case. but i was just wondering if the mpv4 has the function to lock the ohms of the coil at room temperature ...... i suspect probably not but probably the mod just measures it when you put the tank on firstly and takes that as a reference point to start with.

P.S. ha ha, i didn't realise we were actually on the temperature control section of potv , DOH.!!!
i just saw your question and thought i could help. Anyway take a look at some historic threads in this section as there's some very good articles/ postings here. all the best and enjoy your vape.

It's perfectly normal for the Ni200 coils to change resistance as they heat up, On the MVP4 you select either Wattage or Temperature You cannot change wattage in temperature mode. Their is a "Pre Boost" ramp up wattage that can be selected - You need to press the Power and Minus buttons together for three seconds, the Pre Boost setting in the lower left corner will flash, select the wattage using +/- then press power to set. I'd suggest having another read of the manual, if you can't find it you can download it here - http://www.innokin.com/manuals/mvp4.pdf

Last edited:
It's perfectly normal for the Ni200 coils to change resistance as they heat up, On the MVP$ you select either Wattage or Temperature You cannot change wattage in temperature mode. Their is a "Pre Boost" ramp up wattage that can be selected - You need to press the Power and Minus buttons together for three seconds, the Pre Boost setting in the lower left corner will flash, select the wattage using +/- then press power to set. I'd suggest having another read of the manual, if you can't find it you can download it here - http://www.innokin.com/manuals/mvp4.pdf
@Tubbyengineer . Thanks for clearing that up as i dont have the mod the op is using. seems that it is the same then as the coolfire tc18650 and the tc 100 with the Aetheon chip then. All the best and thanks.

Mvp 4 mod has max working amp on 30amp & 100w

Is it safe ? On the 0.25 ohms , yes.
On the 0.11, it is on the edge if calculated by the ohms law. Almost unsafe.

For ensuring the safety, just vape at 90w and below, As it just pull 28.60 amps and below if you're using lower wattage.

all you need is to understand the ohm laws.

Hope it helps
View attachment 118076
Yes knowing Ohms law is helpful, as is knowing that the MVP four has a maximum OUTPUT of 35.5 amps (It's right there in the manual) and is designed to fire coils down to 0.1 ohms...

Back
Top Bottom