What's new

Is this normal?

windomearle

Postman
I have an IPV D4 that I use in TC mode. The mod will not fire once the cotton is 'dry' and comes up with a 'no eliquid' message - great, no dry hits.

Just got a Vaporesso Revenger. TC seems quite steady but it does not cut the power, hence dry hits. Avoidance of dry hits is why I like TC.................I assumed the whole point was that the mod sees the sharp rise in temp (via the resistance) once the wick is dry and then cuts power.

My only other TC experience is with a Kanger KBox and it is just not usable in TC.

So my question is do most mods behave like the IPV or do most just try to limit the temp but still fire when cotton is dry? Or is TC with my Revenger flawed? I use a SS316L fused clapton.

Last edited:
I have an IPV D4 that I use in TC mode. The mod will not fire once the cotton is 'dry' and comes up with a 'no eliquid' message - great, no dry hits.

Just got a Vaporesso Revenger. TC seems quite steady but it does not cut the power, hence dry hits. Avoidance of dry hits is why I like TC.................I assumed the whole point was that the mod sees the sharp rise in temp (via the resistance) once the wick is dry and then cuts power.

My only other TC experience is with a Kanger KBox and it is just not usable in TC.

So my question is do most mods behave like the IPV or do most just try to limit the temp but still fire when cotton is dry? Or is TC with my Revenger flawed? I use a SS316L fused clapton.
Sounds like a problem with the Revenger, TC should cut the power to the coils as they get hotter, once the juice dries up the coils get hot really quickly and the mod should end up throttling back harder and harder until you end up with almost no vape but it shouldn't give a dry hit...

Any TC mod (chip) worth its salt will never give you dry hits. Having said that, my understanding is that complex Clapton coils are not ideally suited to TC. You installed them as spaced coils, did you?

Yes they are spaced and work fine if I swap the atty to the D4. Also I was vaping at 40 W so cranked it up to 80 W on the revenger - much hotter, so I think TC is not working at all. If I do the same with the D4 there is little to no effect.

I think it was vaping with Vic (could be wrong) who did a review of the Revenger Temp control and found it to work perfectly. Mrs just got one today. Gotta admit, it is lurverly.

I think it was vaping with Vic (could be wrong) who did a review of the Revenger Temp control and found it to work perfectly. Mrs just got one today. Gotta admit, it is lurverly.

Tis a nice bit of kit. I did see Vic's review.

Can you let me know how the mrs finds it?

Cheers

Looks like the Claptons are the problem. Behaves itself with simple ss wire.

Shows how good the yihi chips are for TC even in a bargain basement mod.

Last edited:
I think she likes it. She's currently kissing it good night as I am typing this. :) lol.

I got to play around with the OMNI 2.0 chip earlier today. I love the idea of the CCW and CCT modes (already have them on my Vaporesso Nebula) but customising wattage ( i.e starting big and scaling it down over the first few seconds) works great when you need to warm up a big coil on the first vape but by the second vape, it's already warmed up and you don't need it anymore. If it was possible I would like a mode where CCW or CCT only worked if a certain, customisable time has passed since the last vape.

If you are listening out there Vaporesso, consider this for the OMNI 3.0 chip.

She has the kit with the NRG tank. Seems quite a nice tank but surprisingly tight on airflow.

Back
Top Bottom