What's new

Got some SS316 and a DNA Triade

chubbaduckie

Achiever
Hi guys and girls, ive had my triade DNA200 for a fee months and ive only used it in Wattage mode!! Silly right especially with this so called amazing TC DNA chip.
I just got some SS316 from crazy wire and im thinking about giving TC a go, my question is what why when and how?
Lol i know my ohms law etc and get on fine with Wattage mode but it seems a shame to have this very £££ expensive mod and not try all the functions.
Will i need to update my device (ESCRIBE) or do anything to it?

Im not very good on PCs which is why i always use my phonr for POTV which is pretty much my limit.

Any recommendations or a idiots guide to TC would be great!

I thought I'd ask on here before i go googling as i know we have some great VAPE MASTERS on the forum.

Hi guys and girls, ive had my triade DNA200 for a fee months and ive only used it in Wattage mode!! Silly right especially with this so called amazing TC DNA chip.
I just got some SS316 from crazy wire and im thinking about giving TC a go, my question is what why when and how?
Lol i know my ohms law etc and get on fine with Wattage mode but it seems a shame to have this very £££ expensive mod and not try all the functions.
Will i need to update my device (ESCRIBE) or do anything to it?

Im not very good on PCs which is why i always use my phonr for POTV which is pretty much my limit.

Any recommendations or a idiots guide to TC would be great!

I thought I'd ask on here before i go googling as i know we have some great VAPE MASTERS on the forum.

Hey bud :).

Firstly, if you haven't changed or altered anything on your Triade, it's a good idea to essentially save an image of your DNA as it is new(ish). Once you've connected your DNA, go to the FILE menu, choose SAVE and save all settings on your mod in one file incase you ever need to return to it. Name the file with something easy to identify such as "Triade DNA200 factory profile" and save it to a location you'll remember and is easy to find ;).

Second, if you haven't ever updated the firmware on your DNA, newer firmware is available but as long as you have firmware that was issued after late August '16 it'll be fine :). Firmware prior to that wasn't great with SS and had issues. If you're unsure which version you have there is a way to check but if you're not great with PC's it'll be easier to just update lol. If an update is available for your mod, at the top left corner of Escribe just below the menus, you'll see some blue text for a link to update. Click it and Escribe will ask if you wish to proceed and the mod will self update in a few seconds, that's it done :). Google updating a DNA if you'd like to read up on more specifics, etc.

Third, if you haven't done so, it'd be a good idea to visit Steamengine and download their .csv file for SS316L/Elite, (Google it and there's several guides) The Steamengine TFR curve for most people is better than the standard Evolv SS. Once downloaded to your PC, go to the MATERIALS tab in Escribe, click the wee icon to open file and select the SS .csv you downloaded, this will add it to the box on the left of wires you have available to use. Then, add it to the list of wires you want on the mod by selecting it from the left hand box and use the arrows to move the wire to the right hand box that lists wires on the mod. Once done, hit the upload settings to mod button. If you've created any profiles under the PROFILE tab that use SS, change them to the new SS Elite option :). Once you get used to Escribe a little more, it'd be a good idea to setup a couple of profiles for SS, I find life a lot easier to set them to "temp dominant", once you work out roughly what wattage your SS build needs in wattage mode, you can use that in TC mode and for the preheat initially try adding approx 20% extra wattage, you can always tweak that number and the preheat punch later. (All sounds complicated now, but once you see it all visually and use Escribe a few times, it all becomes easier and easier:)).

The higher the resistance with SS the better for TC. The resistance your coils will be coming out at obviously depends on the gauge you selected and how you build with it, but try to stay above 0.3 ohms if you can :). I like to build around 0.7 - 0.8 ohms for the most part, but occasionally build lower too.

Wick lightly!! Instead of your wick going through the coil with a slight amount of resistance as you pull wick through coil for a standard wattage build, you barely want to feel the cotton passing through the coil.

That should give you some starters and/or some pointers to get googling on that can also lead you to other tutorials or guides, etc.

Anything else, just ask :).

Try to stick with TC!!!!! Some people pick it up instantly and find settings that work great for them and they're off after minimal tinkering. Others however have to work at it a little to get a good balance of everything involved. Don't jack it in if it doesn't all immediately go to plan OK ;). It can take some persistence initially and some just bin it thinking it's hard work lol. It really isn't once things start to click together, once they do you make small adjustments here and there just like you would in wattage mode with some coils/builds :).

There are other things it's often a good idea to set up on your DNA, but get going with SS first and sus out the basics of using Escribe. Once you're picking things up a little easier, then we can get other things tweaked and fine tuned for you :).

Enjoy :D

Hey bud :).

Firstly, if you haven't changed or altered anything on your Triade, it's a good idea to essentially save an image of your DNA as it is new(ish). Once you've connected your DNA, go to the FILE menu, choose SAVE and save all settings on your mod in one file incase you ever need to return to it. Name the file with something easy to identify such as "Triade DNA200 factory profile" and save it to a location you'll remember and is easy to find ;).

Second, if you haven't ever updated the firmware on your DNA, newer firmware is available but as long as you have firmware that was issued after late August '16 it'll be fine :). Firmware prior to that wasn't great with SS and had issues. If you're unsure which version you have there is a way to check but if you're not great with PC's it'll be easier to just update lol. If an update is available for your mod, at the top left corner of Escribe just below the menus, you'll see some blue text for a link to update. Click it and Escribe will ask if you wish to proceed and the mod will self update in a few seconds, that's it done :). Google updating a DNA if you'd like to read up on more specifics, etc.

Third, if you haven't done so, it'd be a good idea to visit Steamengine and download their .csv file for SS316L/Elite, (Google it and there's several guides) The Steamengine TFR curve for most people is better than the standard Evolv SS. Once downloaded to your PC, go to the MATERIALS tab in Escribe, click the wee icon to open file and select the SS .csv you downloaded, this will add it to the box on the left of wires you have available to use. Then, add it to the list of wires you want on the mod by selecting it from the left hand box and use the arrows to move the wire to the right hand box that lists wires on the mod. Once done, hit the upload settings to mod button. If you've created any profiles under the PROFILE tab that use SS, change them to the new SS Elite option :). Once you get used to Escribe a little more, it'd be a good idea to setup a couple of profiles for SS, I find life a lot easier to set them to "temp dominant", once you work out roughly what wattage your SS build needs in wattage mode, you can use that in TC mode and for the preheat initially try adding approx 20% extra wattage, you can always tweak that number and the preheat punch later. (All sounds complicated now, but once you see it all visually and use Escribe a few times, it all becomes easier and easier:)).

The higher the resistance with SS the better for TC. The resistance your coils will be coming out at obviously depends on the gauge you selected and how you build with it, but try to stay above 0.3 ohms if you can :). I like to build around 0.7 - 0.8 ohms for the most part, but occasionally build lower too.

Wick lightly!! Instead of your wick going through the coil with a slight amount of resistance as you pull wick through coil for a standard wattage build, you barely want to feel the cotton passing through the coil.

That should give you some starters and/or some pointers to get googling on that can also lead you to other tutorials or guides, etc.

Anything else, just ask :).

Try to stick with TC!!!!! Some people pick it up instantly and find settings that work great for them and they're off after minimal tinkering. Others however have to work at it a little to get a good balance of everything involved. Don't jack it in if it doesn't all immediately go to plan OK ;). It can take some persistence initially and some just bin it thinking it's hard work lol. It really isn't once things start to click together, once they do you make small adjustments here and there just like you would in wattage mode with some coils/builds :).

There are other things it's often a good idea to set up on your DNA, but get going with SS first and sus out the basics of using Escribe. Once you're picking things up a little easier, then we can get other things tweaked and fine tuned for you :).

Enjoy :D
Thanks very much @Arctic_Wolf:

Back
Top Bottom