What's new

First time temp control on new Eleaf 60w TC and Melo 2

I've had my iStick 60w + Melo kit now for just over a week and I've been having the exact same experience: Great on full power (60w and 550-600F) but unsatisfying below that. Given that this is my first TC setup and having read about so many people enjoying TC I though this didn't seem right and I initially put it down to the iStick just being a poor mod. But no, it's the Melo really that let's it down for the reasons Tubbyengineer mentions above.

To get a really satisfying vape at lower temps and wattage in the Melo try vaping with the top fill slot open (obviously just be careful not to tilt it or forget it open). This makes a HUGE difference and you will adjust the temp down.

Basically the relatively poor airflow in the Melo means it heats up very quickly (you will have noticed the tank getting very hot!) hence why even at high settings you get a lot of "pulsing".

Having just got some Ni200 wire I've now experimented with an RDA on the iStick 60w and I get a great vape at 40w and 370F - 400F!

BTW - I'm also much prefering the Ni200 coils as all I can taste is the juice (as opposed to the Ti coil which gives me a slightly off taste)

I'm a newbie vaper for the last 5 weeks and just signed up to the forum to reply, since having the exact same experience with the TC Ni and Ti coils that came with my TC60w/Melo 2 kit.

I thought that possibly I was doing something wrong, because I can only get a good "hit" at max watts and temp (60/600). HOWEVER... I did notice that when filling the tank back up to almost full after letting it go down to only about 25-33%, the initial couple of vapes were very good, but then diminished from there. The 25-33% was a suggested tip on a YT video I watched. Anyway.... I just opened the top fill slot as suggested and sure enough, great vape! I'm experimenting now with leaving it just slightly open and still getting very nice vapes with lots of cloud and taste. Simple vanilla for the moment... as I said... I'm a newbie and will be trying new recipes once I've nailed down how I want this to consistently "hit" and taste. I've vowed to never let a cigarette touch my lips again after 35 years of smoking (quit a few times never longer than a few months, mostly weeks).

Anyway.... it looks like a good forum here and lots of good info. Thanks for the perfect tip.

PS. Now what to do about making a better "mod" for airflow than leaving the bloody window open(!)

What settings are you using? As a guide, setting power to 40W and exploring around the 200-250C mark should produce plenty of vapour. As has been said, "temp protect" on your display is normal.

I followed what you said and it spits and gurgles and has a burning taste . Using o.15 ni coils . Please help !

I followed what you said and it spits and gurgles and has a burning taste . Using o.15 ni coils . Please help !

Spitting and gurgling sounds like it's flooding. Birning taste sounds like you are setting the temp too high. Are you using the melo 2 like the OP? I don't have any specific advice for the gear mentioned in this thread as I've not used it, just general advice on settings. Perhaps post your setup and settings and someone with more experience with that kit can help?

Back
Top Bottom