What's new

First time temp control on new Eleaf 60w TC and Melo 2

bolter2

Postman
Hi guys,

Got a new Eleaf 60w TC and the Melo 2 tank. So far loving it, I'm getting a nice consistent vape, great flavour and vapor, and not a dry hit in sight.

I was just curious about my settings, I've only tried the nickel coil, 0.15ohm, and my range seems to be from 480-600 f for an actual vape. This is even at 60w. I find around 570 is quite nice but is this too high? I've dropped the watts down to 45w and at 570 is still a nice, slightly warm vape. Anything below 530 is fairly cool and decent vape down to about 450. and vape starts diminishing alot below that.

Like I said I'm happy and it works, just thought id have more to play with and checking this sounds about right. Looking forward to trying the TI coil I have, will there be much difference? Thanks

Bolter2

Edit: I should add that I've got it set to NI on the eleaf, and the resistance was locked in at room temp.

Last edited:
Well I've tried the TI coil now, 0.5ohm. Much better! More room to play, I've had it set at 40w and 500f and it is a more than warm enough vape, lovely. And its nice knowing I have more room to go. The NI coil was ok, but it seemed to need to be at the higher end of the power and temp to get the most from it.

Funnily i'm preferring the NI coil at about 60w and 550f. the only thing i'm getting annoyed at is that it eats batteries and juice, even more so than my velocity RDA. I wouldn't take it on a night out without a) a charger or b) at least 1 spare battery.

I should probably point out that vape temperature is, like taste, a subjective thing. What you consider cool I may think is uncomfortably warm, For example: I'm currently running a Single Niffy coil in a Viggo Dripper on a DNA200 at 390f, for me this is just comfortable, a single Niffy coil in my Heron is currently running at 360f on a different DNA200, Twin Titaniums in the Crius are being run at 420f, A lot of it depends on Airflow, draw speed / volume, chamber size etc. There's no right or wrong as such.

There is a theoretical correct setting but even that is different for each device / atty / coil / juice combination. What you should be aiming for is to get minimal gunk on the coils with the highest temperature - a balance between gunk and heat. Gunk means you're getting burnt sugars etc from the juice indicating that your temp should be lower to prevent the formation of possibly harmful or flavour destroying byproducts. Naturally you cannot just turn the temp all the way down - you lose all the vapour, so you raise the temp until you find a balance, This will give you as much protection as possible whilst maintaing your vape quality...

I've had my iStick 60w + Melo kit now for just over a week and I've been having the exact same experience: Great on full power (60w and 550-600F) but unsatisfying below that. Given that this is my first TC setup and having read about so many people enjoying TC I though this didn't seem right and I initially put it down to the iStick just being a poor mod. But no, it's the Melo really that let's it down for the reasons Tubbyengineer mentions above.

To get a really satisfying vape at lower temps and wattage in the Melo try vaping with the top fill slot open (obviously just be careful not to tilt it or forget it open). This makes a HUGE difference and you will adjust the temp down.

Basically the relatively poor airflow in the Melo means it heats up very quickly (you will have noticed the tank getting very hot!) hence why even at high settings you get a lot of "pulsing".

Having just got some Ni200 wire I've now experimented with an RDA on the iStick 60w and I get a great vape at 40w and 370F - 400F!

BTW - I'm also much prefering the Ni200 coils as all I can taste is the juice (as opposed to the Ti coil which gives me a slightly off taste)

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the replies. I don't think I trust myself to vape with the top fill open though. Will be interesting to see how the Ni coils are on the subtank when I get them.

My ni and ti both gurgle like a bitch but not my kanthal i have a 60w eleaf melo 2 sub tank someone help

and it keeps say temp protect no matter what temp it on and when on watt it hardly produces any vapor but my kanthal worked fine

and it keeps say temp protect no matter what temp it on and when on watt it hardly produces any vapor but my kanthal worked fine
Have you adjusted the watts down in TC mode? If not and you've left it at maximum it will hit temperature very quickly.

Doing so isn't a fault, the mod should regulate output to keep at the selected temperature.

What settings are you using? As a guide, setting power to 40W and exploring around the 200-250C mark should produce plenty of vapour. As has been said, "temp protect" on your display is normal.

Back
Top Bottom