What's new

Crazy Wire Company - NiFe48, 52 & 70

so folks want to know how I got on?

my little question about whether I might have been sent a mislabelled spool went on to become a decent conversation with the Crazy Wire folks. I told them there's some stuff they're doing that is excellent - but there might be ways that they could improve and build on the good stuff they're doing; they said they'd send a bit of free stuff as a thank you............
so what arrived?

OMFG!!! this did:

View attachment 102127

is it just me or is this astounding??

Very good of them, rather have correct specs of wires though!

Well so far i can confirm nife48 and nife70 are very good and TCRs on website are working fine for me.
Now I've got more nife52, I'll check that in the next day or so and let you know how i get on with it

Indeed. I think they traditionally provided for industrial applications, then suddenly found their wares in demand by this weird group of people that they initially had little understanding of. To be fair to them, they have made considerable efforts to get up to speed with the very particular requirements of vapers, including developing a sister site specifically for vaping wire and stocking it with an ever increasing range of new wire variations than they typically carried. They have been a little slow in catching up at times but are always improving, have decent prices and will no doubt get there in the end.

Right I'm not sure if it is me, probably!

Got some NiFe 48 0.4mm so around 26AWG and made 2.5mm 12 wraps, 0.7 Ohms on my DNA but according to Steam Engine it should be 22 wraps to get 0.7 Ohm. Something isn't right, any ideas please?

Right I'm not sure if it is me, probably!

Got some NiFe 48 0.4mm so around 26AWG and made 2.5mm 12 wraps, 0.7 Ohms on my DNA but according to Steam Engine it should be 22 wraps to get 0.7 Ohm. Something isn't right, any ideas please?

Doesn't seem to be NiFe48. Was it the crazy wire co? I think @allen had SS sent to him from there, masquerading as NiFe also.

Magnet sticks fine.

Should add that I'm using NiFe 52 on the Steam-engine.org calculator as there is no 48

Last edited:
Magnet sticks fine.

Should add that I'm using NiFe 52 on the Steam-engine.org calculator as there is no 48
Yes that's right. Still, no way you should be getting that resistance with that coil. Is everything screwed down properly? @danb?

Tightened everything down and it comes up as 0.65 on DNA75 and 0.6 on DNA200 which is a little strange as didn't feel loose!

Back
Top Bottom