What's new

Coiling with SS

Ive got some 316L wire but my mods only read Ti and Ni.
What do you guys recommend I set it to?

Around 70C in Ti mode, but I don't know if there are any mods that can be set that low. A setting of 100C in Ti mode will heat 316L to 350C (or in reality, it will just keep firing at the set power and never hit the temp limit - it would run like power mode). A 5C change in setting in Ti mode would correspond to 15-20C change in SS coil temp, so even if you could get down to settings below 100C, unless you can adjust the temp in 1C increments it would be tricky to find your Goldilocks setting.

Warning: possibly dumb question alert!

I find my "comfortable temperature range" for ss316 builds significantly lower than for Ti. I somehow thought they would be in the same range, but is that just some ran dome assumption I've made up? Would it make sense that ss might be 100F lower than Ti?

Have encountered a rather strange issue this morning.

Threw a ss316L spaced coil in my serpent last night. Came out at 0.6 ohm. Running it on my cuboid in temp mode it was vaping great.
Got to work, let everything get to the same room temp and put the serpent back on, switched to ss316L temp mode locked in the resistance.
Hit the fire button and it hit temp protection instantly. I eventually upped the temp to 600f and still hitting temp protection instantly and I'm only running it at 30W.

Tried it in power mode and it vapes great. Switched back to temp and same issue.

Fortunately I have a second tank with ss316L build in it and it's working fine in temp mode so I'm guessing the serpent is the issue but can't think why it would suddenly only work in power mode.

Have encountered a rather strange issue this morning.

Threw a ss316L spaced coil in my serpent last night. Came out at 0.6 ohm. Running it on my cuboid in temp mode it was vaping great.
Got to work, let everything get to the same room temp and put the serpent back on, switched to ss316L temp mode locked in the resistance.
Hit the fire button and it hit temp protection instantly. I eventually upped the temp to 600f and still hitting temp protection instantly and I'm only running it at 30W.

Tried it in power mode and it vapes great. Switched back to temp and same issue.

Fortunately I have a second tank with ss316L build in it and it's working fine in temp mode so I'm guessing the serpent is the issue but can't think why it would suddenly only work in power mode.

Maybe a loose fitting on the coil. Might have got knocked on your way to work. Might work in power mode as this is less sensitive to loose connection. ..

....A bit if guess from me. I'd re coil and see if you have similar problem.

To be honest, SS has been so hit or miss for me on the cuboid and evic mini. I get this problem, or sometimes the temperature is way off (ie, burning my lips at 300F). Works lovely in watts, but TC not so much...

To be honest, SS has been so hit or miss for me on the cuboid and evic mini. I get this problem, or sometimes the temperature is way off (ie, burning my lips at 300F). Works lovely in watts, but TC not so much...

Yeah I found the same prob with the temp to, struggle to get the warm vape I like in TC with Ss316L. In wattage mode or on my mechs is a great performer though.

Yeah I found the same prob with the temp to, struggle to get the warm vape I like in TC with Ss316L. In wattage mode or on my mechs is a great performer though.

Snap! It is such a nice wire to work with and vapes lovely in wattage mode, I just have got used to using tc, so feels a bit odd.

Taken a break from ss, went back to Ti to hide in my comfort zone for a while before I try working out what I'm doing wrong, I'm sure it must be something simple but not got the time or energy at the mo to work it out! Will report back if I discover some magic trick!

Snap! It is such a nice wire to work with and vapes lovely in wattage mode, I just have got used to using tc, so feels a bit odd.

Taken a break from ss, went back to Ti to hide in my comfort zone for a while before I try working out what I'm doing wrong, I'm sure it must be something simple but not got the time or energy at the mo to work it out! Will report back if I discover some magic trick!
Woke up this morning to find TC wouldn't play on the EVIC, despite nothing having changed. So it being Sunday morning, I just went with VW. A curious thing, this TC malarkey.

Vaping's a funny old game at times, isn't it. I have found no such problems with ss316 on the vtc mini. Can only get my dual coil set ups to .35 to .4 ohms until I get some 28 gauge, but it has been vaping a charm. I find it gives a warm vape at the lowest temp settings of all the TC wires and I like that I feel safe(r) to dry burn for re-wicking. The only minor negative I've found is that you can tell the mod is having to work much harder to maintain temp than with Ti or NiFe30 in that it pulses so isn't as perfectly smooth as with those other wires, but still gets the job done.

Any ideas please folks?

I've done my first ss coil on my subtank mini
Spaced single coil. 3mm.
I'm using stealthvapes 0.3mm 316l wire
It worked kind of okay on my rx200's standard tc SS setting but it was hot at 360. I. E. Getting a hotspot but still trying to fire rather than the tc kicking in.
So i input the recommended tcr of 879. And rewicked it.... 3 times so far.
Now it says it wont go above above 125°F but the tank gets damn hot!
Ive taken the watts to 40 but it's still doing the same.

It's not shorting. Ive checked the screws yadda yadda

So, any ideas gratefully received

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom