What's new

Burnt coil???

So what dose a coil look like wicked correctly? and what coil at what OHM's would you reckon aim towards? Iv got Nife30 & SS to work with.
It's really about how tightly the wick fits in the coil - it should have only a slight resistance as you pull the cotton through. Coil resistance is mostly a case of higher is better for TC vaping. For a K5 you'll probably struggle to get above 0.5 ohm on SS - 2.5mm ID coils with 6 wraps of 28ga SS316L will come in somewhere around 0.5 - 0.6, 8 wraps of NiFe30 is going to come in at 0.2 ish. Make sure you get rid of any hot spots and keep your wraps as even as possible...
You should aim for coil and wick in this kind of size...
IMG_0153.JPG

That coil and wick are pretty old - been using it onn and off for a couple of months - maybe two dozen tankfuls - but the juice is reasonably clean vaping. Ideally coils should look like this...
IMG_2822 (2).JPG

It's really about how tightly the wick fits in the coil - it should have only a slight resistance as you pull the cotton through. Coil resistance is mostly a case of higher is better for TC vaping. For a K5 you'll probably struggle to get above 0.5 ohm on SS - 2.5mm ID coils with 6 wraps of 28ga SS316L will come in somewhere around 0.5 - 0.6, 8 wraps of NiFe30 is going to come in at 0.2 ish. Make sure you get rid of any hot spots and keep your wraps as even as possible...
You should aim for coil and wick in this kind of size...
View attachment 126719

That coil and wick are pretty old - been using it onn and off for a couple of months - maybe two dozen tankfuls - but the juice is reasonably clean vaping. Ideally coils should look like this...
View attachment 126720
\im a noob but im going to say the juice is the prob
had the same with some ejuices that are full of sweetners diy now prob solved

-----edit-----

tc thread i dont know anything about tc yet

View attachment 126720[/QUOTE]

Hi tubby,
Not relevant to the OP, but I am curious, what atty did you use for the picture ?
I ask as I'm having trouble wicking one of my tanks, each time I do it, it leaks like a sieve from the airflow inlets...................

250 - 270 is pretty hot, If it's a sweet juice then getting a lot of black gunk on the coil would be reasonable...

Coil out! Thoughts?

I agree with Tubby - it looks like you put too big of a coil in that tank. Smaller inner diameter and possibly microcoil and not spaced one will give you more heat and flavour even with smaller diameter. Black gunk is ok if you bought a premade juice - they often times bump there sucralose or other sweetener. You just need to fire and change the wick more othen than with other juices.

What i noticed also is that a wick inside a coil is burnt - so you put higher wattage then needed (or too much wick and cotton cannot properly raise the juice). Try smaller microcoil with same wick ammount, try smaller coil with lesser wick ammount. Also, you can leave less cotton in side juiceflows so it could enter there naturally - less wick there means coil will be saturated)

Just some tips, i hope they'll work

Back
Top Bottom