What's new

Are we running before we can walk.

eyeball kid

Legend
Hi guys. Been answering a great deal of scary temp related questions in the newbie forum and I've only been with POTV a short while. Do you think temp control has been pushed on to cheap mods to quickly. It is not the easiest system. And until 510 connectors are designed with more than two electrical contacts it is unlikely to become " user friendly" for the new vaper anytime soon?.
Or am I just worrying?

I have never used temp control an don't think I will as to much to get my head around, think u might be right tho as its seems everyone is having a go at it

most definitely.
and it doesnt help with tanks being sold with Ni & Ti coils in the box and chinglish not explaining the difference between wattage and TC

Smoking is plug and play.
Vaping is not.
Vaping is great BUT IMO it needs to be 'learned & developed'.
People (sometimes) seem to jump in now that it is 'easier, better & more wide stream'.

There are thousands of products on the market now, developed through time and progression.
Newer vapers are 'jumping in' half or 3/4 (or 90%) along the travels of a 'seasoned' vaper journey.

It is a worry - mech's, TC & re-buildable are the prime candidates for issue & possible disaster.

most definitely.
and it doesnt help with tanks being sold with Ni & Ti coils in the box and chinglish not explaining the difference between wattage and TC
This is what I am finding. I even have friends from a physics and engineering background saying oh I've given up and stuck it in wattagy with Ni coils.
Keep an eye out for everyone,guys.

Got to sell us the next big thing ,and most will buy into it.

I'm happy dripping and vaping on a mech ,dripper/kanthal coil set up.

Keep it simple stupid.

That being said a lot of the intelligent bods are big t.c fans

Duz make my dumb arse wonder,not enough to buy a etc mod just yet though.

It must have seemed a good idea at the time, but with the speed things are moving at, the competition in the market and the lack of regulation, manufacturers are just shoving stuff out without road testing it and leaving the end user carry out the trials.

Early vaping technology was at about the level of the 1960's, so there wass a lot of room for improvement and once the Chinese got seriously involved things just took off.

I'm sort of hoping that someone like Dyson or Virgin, Google or B+O will see the potential in the market and get involved and set some standards.

It must have seemed a good idea at the time, but with the speed things are moving at, the competition in the market and the lack of regulation, manufacturers are just shoving stuff out without road testing it and leaving the end user carry out the trials.

Early vaping technology was at about the level of the 1960's, so there wass a lot of room for improvement and once the Chinese got seriously involved things just took off.

I'm sort of hoping that someone like Dyson or Virgin, Google or B+O will see the potential in the market and get involved and set some standards.

Christ, I hope Google don't make one. It would probably listen in to everything you say and scroll targeted ad's across the screen as you vape.

I ordered my,wife the new SUBVOD MEGA. as she loves her nano ones and that has a primitive temp control. As in constantly set at one temp and I thought at first it's a good idea as really it's just a dry hit avoiding system but thinking about it I wonder how many people are Vaping on a Ni coil in wattage mode as it is just a one button click system?.

If memory serves the same sorta thing was being said a fair few months ago about 100W+ devices.
In some ways TC is becoming easier as there are better and more competant to use wires like SS and NiFe, whereas the Ni200 that was the first was a terrible pain in the cameron to set up. Titanium had a wee scare regards the Ti oxides that can occur and also was a bit tiresome to set up.

There will always be lesser standard kit as someone will see a chance of making a few bucks and some folks will buy it due to the lower price. There will always be some new shiny thingummy to attract people to upgrade their kit - see they c-ts apple for prime example!

Back
Top Bottom