What's new

Vapefly Galaxies and recommend me a squonk mod!

scumbag

Postman
Used to always have a dripper on the go, mainly for pure flavour or trying new liquids but some how stopped using them all together as Im more of a tank guy.

Recently purchased two rda’s specifically for mtl, the Berserker and Vapefly Galaxies. I liked the Berseker with all its adapters etc but as a dripper not so much, was gurgling and just a bit of a hassle to take on and off a mod. I will maybe sell or try with squonking before giving up on it completely.

But this little Vapefly has rediscovered my love for drippers, super easy to drip without leaks and the flavour and draw with two airslots each side is really quite good.
So, I need some recommendations on my first squonk mod as Ive never tried it before. Something fairly small for 22mm, cheap and either has built in battery or comes with one without needing a 18650 charger?

Used to always have a dripper on the go, mainly for pure flavour or trying new liquids but some how stopped using them all together as Im more of a tank guy.

Recently purchased two rda’s specifically for mtl, the Berserker and Vapefly Galaxies. I liked the Berseker with all its adapters etc but as a dripper not so much, was gurgling and just a bit of a hassle to take on and off a mod. I will maybe sell or try with squonking before giving up on it completely.

But this little Vapefly has rediscovered my love for drippers, super easy to drip without leaks and the flavour and draw with two airslots each side is really quite good.
So, I need some recommendations on my first squonk mod as Ive never tried it before. Something fairly small for 22mm, cheap and either has built in battery or comes with one without needing a 18650 charger?
First recommendation would be the pico squeeze. Single 18650 and a charging port. I got the berserker rda on mine at the mo and im loving it.

Was about to pull the trigger on the Pico but then noticed it doesn’t have variable wattage, not sure how auto thing works.

So, I dont need a kit just mod and was thinking if I spend a bit extra why not get VW squonk mod and then I thought why not spend more and get a temp control one too lol.

Would the Sigeli Fuchai squonk be any good? Found one here https://www.provapes.com/collection...-213-squonker-kit-black?variant=1347864395805
and not sure if the 18650 I go for should be the Samsung 25r or 30q?

If you really want VW/TC then the recently released Arctic Dolphin Anita or the Vandy Vape Pulse 80w might be worth a look. Dunno about the Sigelei, have you checked YouTube reviews?

At MTL wattages a 30q should be fine @scumbag, the more recent mods will also take 20700 or 21700 cells which offer even more mAh :)

Ahh! Decisions need made and I am struggling now between the Vandy Vape 80w and Sigelei.

I’m leaning towards the Pulse just because its newer but which battery manufacturer/make is the best to get first?

And this might sound stupid but can you use a normal RTA on a squonk mod? Obviously without liquid feed, but as general power.

Ahh! Decisions need made and I am struggling now between the Vandy Vape 80w and Sigelei.

I’m leaning towards the Pulse just because its newer but which battery manufacturer/make is the best to get first?

And this might sound stupid but can you use a normal RTA on a squonk mod? Obviously without liquid feed, but as general power.

Yes.

...which battery manufacturer/make is the best to get first?
Check this thread for a good, cheap option for 20700 batteries from fogstar.co.uk (they do other batteries too)
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/161378/

Yep, no problem with that — in fact the Anita comes with an extra panel without the squonk hole so you can use it as a normal mod without the danger/temptation of squeezing the bottle [emoji4]

Oh that will come in handy then since I like temp control on tanks. Just bought the Vandy Vape and a couple of LG 18650 hg2 batteries from bitsanpiecesvape.co.uk

One last question, I read its best to charge the batteries externally in a charger which I also bought (a cheapo XTR mc1) but what unsure on plug? Would connecting the included usb cable to my iphone plug via mains be ok?

As you can tell Im a big battery noob and a bit nervous as Im only used to internal battery mods lol.

One last question, I read its best to charge the batteries externally in a charger which I also bought (a cheapo XTR mc1) but what unsure on plug? Would connecting the included usb cable to my iphone plug via mains be ok?

As you can tell Im a big battery noob and a bit nervous as Im only used to internal battery mods lol.
Yes, your iPhone charger should be fine as the charger is "intelligent" and will only pull what it needs (0.5A). Do be aware that those batteries will take around 6 hours to charge with that charger (3000mAh/0.5A), but charging batteries should not be left unattended nor overnight.

As it's a single battery mod you should be able to get away with charging through the mod's USB port, though it's probably not the best for the health of the battery so think of it as an occasional emergency measure rather than a regular thing.

There is lots of information, both on the Planet and the rest of the web, about battery safety - in fact all things battery - check out mooch and our own @Ben fogstar for sensible advice. Always keep your batteries in a case when they are not installed in your mod, *please* don't carry your spare one in your pocket or loose in a bag as it can be very dangerous!

All the best with your squonking journey @scumbag [emoji106] [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom