What's new

TPD Silver Lining ?

rawhead

Achiever
Is the rise in squonking recently down to TPD ?

I got into squonking before TPD hit, but since then it seems there's been a surge in squonking and squonk related products. There's a spate of new mods coming, my local shops are saying there's a lot of interest in squonking and a lot of new RDAs are coming with squonk pins in the box.

Has the 2ml tank limit driven people to alternatives ?

TPD regs are unquestionably a steaming pile of tobacco funded excrement, but have they actually helped squonking ?

I got into squonking before TPD hit, but since then it seems there's been a surge in squonking and squonk related products. There's a spate of new mods coming, my local shops are saying there's a lot of interest in squonking and a lot of new RDAs are coming with squonk pins in the box.

TPD regs are unquestionably a steaming pile of tobacco funded excrement, but have they actually helped squonking ?
I would say the TPD may have helped, but squonking is increasing exponentially internationally, not just in the UK/EU.

Innovation in other areas on vaping is dwindling, squonking is where the innovation is at the moment.

theres only so many single coil RTA's with a 2ml limit that will keep folks interests, in saying that im on a one man mission to buy them all, however squonking in its own right is an exceptional alternative style of vaping

I think we actually have kanger to thank for the dripbox' s. They may have more misses than hits but they aren't afraid of innovation. These really opened people's eye's. It was a very niche market before them. Really only the Rio and two old chinese models where easy to obtain (well relatively). Eleaf actually thought they'd backed a donkey when they released the squeeze as it ran late and tpd was quickly approaching and all noises where that squonk mods where likely to be on the banned list.
Lucky escape as they have turned my thoughts on rda' s upside down.

I think there’s always been a market for it, just a lot of people don’t have/want to spend £100 + on essentially some plastic, copper and s.steel. Now that China are making much cheaper mass produced alternatives it’s going to get a lot more people into the squonk scene.

Not sure on an answer but realistically Squonking started a few years back went away and has now risen again. Back in the 80's Tight jeans where in and they have now risen again. 70's Bears where in they have returned with the hipster craze.
It all leads me to believe that maybe vapers who never got to try squonking first time now want to try it, like the Hipsters who where obviously not born yet in the 70's and 80's have turned to what was fashionable back then. so it's swings and roundabouts.
TPD has only slowed the retailing of over 2ml tanks in EU countries we can still order larger capacity tanks from the far east.

I think there’s always been a market for it, just a lot of people don’t have/want to spend £100 + on essentially some plastic, copper and s.steel. Now that China are making much cheaper mass produced alternatives it’s going to get a lot more people into the squonk scene.
Have to agree with this too. Just like those who want a £200 tracksuit but go get a clone for £20 off the car boot sale.
Because it looks the same

I've only been vaping using a portable vaporizer since Saturday the 07/10/2017, the day after I joined this forum. I have used and have owned vaporizers for 10 years if not longer, but those are desktop vaporizers and can't be used as stop smoling aids - I spent a lot of time looking into it before I bought my first portable vaporizers. I went down the squonk route to begin with because of the TPD regulations that limit tank capacity to 2ml, the KangerTech DripBox 160w mods that I use have a minimum eliquid capacity of 8ml, closer to 12ml once you take the capacity of your RDA's juice well and cotton into account. My local vape shop that doesn't sell squonkers yet alone RDA's strongly suggested I went this route as with a 2ml tank capacity I would be refilling the tank dozens of times a day, and for me it makes sense, I was smoking anything between 60 to 80 smokes a day, and using my squonk mod, I'm getting around 1.5 days out of it before it needs to be refilled.

However in hindsight the TPD regulations have made no difference, if somebody as new to vaping nicotine as I am can easily buy tanks with 5ml and 10ml capacities, their coils and spare parts, and buy eliquids that contain nicotine in 1 litre bottles premixed from vape retailers with steller reviews - I bought a single 1 litre 18mg strength of nicotine tobacco flavoured bottle of eliquid premixed from my local vape store they didn't mix it up special for me they had shelves full of 1 litre bottles of nicotine containing eliquids I didn't buy my eliquid online, then people who have been vaping for longer than me should have an even easier job of finding the things that where effected by the TPD regulations than me, and get them for cheaper.

I only use a mechanical boxer squonk mod, I love it, looks good, hits hard, and very light, in fact, my dead rabbit RDA that I use on it is almost as heavy as the actual mod. I still have a tesla nano 120 with an ijoy RDTA 5 on it, but it's never used now, the thing Is like a brick. I can put the boxer in my pocket and you'd hardly know it was there.

Back
Top Bottom