What's new

Topside 90 Watt (single) firmware - definitely worth it.

After enjoying the features of the Topside Dual, especially the excellent Temp Control I got a Topside Single only to find it didn't feature the same menu and no TC modes.

Mine was on V1.01 - new version is V1.02
(to see what version you have turn the mod off and hold the + &- keys for a few seconds)

After digging the firmware update makes it the same as the Topside Dual, a little bit of a faff but got there in the end and it now has the full functionality of the Dual, shoved it in TC mode (with a couple of SS316L Fused Clapton's and vapes perfectly.

To access the new options hold the Fire button & the - key down for a few seconds.

It's definitely worth updating, you get the full menu including stats, here's the link, click on the 'Firmware' tab for download and instructions.

https://www.dovpoecig.com/topside-squonker

Last edited:
After enjoying the features of the Topside Dual, especially the excellent Temp Control I got a Topside Single only to find it didn't feature the same menu and no TC modes.

Mine was on V1.01 - new version is V1.02
(to see what version you have turn the mod off and hold the + &- keys for a few seconds)

After digging the firmware update makes it the same as the Topside Dual, a little bit of a faff but got there in the end and it now has the full functionality of the Dual, shoved it in TC mode (with a couple of SS316L Fused Clapton's and vapes perfectly.

To access the new options hold the Fire button & the + key down for a few seconds.

It's definitely worth updating, you get the full menu including stats, here's the link, click on the 'Firmware' tab for download and instructions.

https://www.dovpoecig.com/topside-squonker
Thanks will give this a go later

Forgot to mention, in TC mode you select your preferred temp and you can now increase the wattage boost by holding the Fire button and + key then dial in the wattage to get the vape tuned in.

Is the firmware update only for TC functionality? I don't do TC - too lazy.

Is the firmware update only for TC functionality? I don't do TC - too lazy.
Mostly the TC is enabled but you get a proper menu.

TC is in fact incredibly simple, it was a mystery to me for months until I looked into it, basically it stops you from getting dry hits, you just adjust the temp to suit your vape, you can almost vape until the cotton is dry, TC gives you a lower power vape as less juice is in contact with the coils - I hope that makes sense but Squonking & TC are a marriage made in heaven.

Mostly the TC is enabled but you get a proper menu.

TC is in fact incredibly simple, it was a mystery to me for months until I looked into it, basically it stops you from getting dry hits, you just adjust the temp to suit your vape, you can almost vape until the cotton is dry, TC gives you a lower power vape as less juice is in contact with the coils - I hope that makes sense but Squonking & TC are a marriage made in heaven.
That's encouraging. I've got some Ni80 round wire coming, maybe I'll give it a go. Are there any good guides, i.e. simple, out there?

Back
Top Bottom