What's new

Squonking on a mesh rda

Could it be the settings or wick??

I can't see how the wick would be the cause.

How much wattage are you putting through it ? Or are you in TC mode ?

Word of warning - I gave up on the mesh and am running a single big coil in mine.

I can't see how the wick would be the cause.

How much wattage are you putting through it ? Or are you in TC mode ?

Word of warning - I gave up on the mesh and am running a single big coil in mine.

I am on TC mode, sitting at 75w on 440'. I thought using TC mode with the SS316 mesh would be the best option.

I am on TC mode, sitting at 75w on 440'. I thought using TC mode with the SS316 mesh would be the best option.

I guess long hits and chaining may generate a lot of heat in the attie, but beyond that i'm at a bit of a loss mate.

Some atties are worse than others for heat generation - I have a titanium Goon clone that's virtually unusable :)

I guess long hits and chaining may generate a lot of heat in the attie, but beyond that i'm at a bit of a loss mate.

Some atties are worse than others for heat generation - I have a titanium Goon clone that's virtually unusable :)

I'm not taking big long hits or chaining so, like yourself i'm a bit confused. I will re wick wen i get home and see what happens. I really want this to work properly!! been waiting for the delivery for weeks now!!!

my medusa rdta heats up on the odd occasion but when i go back and look at it sometimes i've put in too much cotton so i change it up and it starts working like a treat.

I will keep you posted on the results of tonight's building...

Morning,

Changed up the mesh to Kanthal A1, also provided in the box, and change to wattage mode. got my mod set at 80w and it seems to be working nicely. atties still getting hot but im just going to have to accept it will when im using it. Might try building a big coil for it tonight and see how that goes.

Morning,

Changed up the mesh to Kanthal A1, also provided in the box, and change to wattage mode. got my mod set at 80w and it seems to be working nicely. atties still getting hot but im just going to have to accept it will when im using it. Might try building a big coil for it tonight and see how that goes.

If you've got it wicking properly you've cracked the grand problem. I'm running mine with a big coil and its okay, but not spectacular.

If you've got it wicking properly you've cracked the grand problem. I'm running mine with a big coil and its okay, but not spectacular.

It working but like you said its not the best, will keep playing around with it to see if i can crack it. any updates i will keep you posted.

Just picked a one of these RDAs up on a whim, using it on my pico dual - tried it on my vt inbox but dont think it had the power. I've tried the Ni80 and the 316 mesh. The Ni80 came in at bang on 0.1ohms when cut to size but the 316 is 0.36! Ditched the Ni80 and tried it in TC but once wicked it reverted back to wattage mode every time! I'm now at 60W with the 316 and it seems to be good. Anyone had any luck with double layer of mesh? I want to ise the Ni80 but its coming out too low.. a double layer might work?

Just picked a one of these RDAs up on a whim, using it on my pico dual - tried it on my vt inbox but dont think it had the power. I've tried the Ni80 and the 316 mesh. The Ni80 came in at bang on 0.1ohms when cut to size but the 316 is 0.36! Ditched the Ni80 and tried it in TC but once wicked it reverted back to wattage mode every time! I'm now at 60W with the 316 and it seems to be good. Anyone had any luck with double layer of mesh? I want to ise the Ni80 but its coming out too low.. a double layer might work?
A double layer of mesh would probably halve the resistance like a dual coil does. I'd thought of sandwiching some muji cotton between two layers of mesh but haven't got around to trying it yet.

Back
Top Bottom