What's new

Squonk RTA dark ages?

There's been plenty of evolution in RTA's & stock coil mesh tanks, also a wealth of innovation in the AIO market but there's been little in the way of game changing RDA's which has more or less left my squonkers at the back of the queue for flavour.

Last decent atty for flavour was the Wotofo Faris RDTA but it's still not a patch on mesh stock coils.

I've been waiting for the RDA market to liven up with better mesh options, the Profile Mesh was okay but again still not a patch on stock mesh.

Have I missed anything RDA wise? it used to be RDA's were the ultimate flavour givers until the evolution of mesh and I really thought RDA's would keep up.

I've been trying some of my main favourites this week such as the Oumier VLS, VV Pyro V2, Athena RDA, Drop Solo etc. but left wanting.

Anyone know of a game changing RDA available or coming out soon?

asgard 25mm or 30mm from vaperz cloud is supposed to be a beast for flavour looking at grabbing one myself

Hi @Vapaneezer Scrooge i think mesh is where it is at for flavour of fruit liquids at the moment. I don't think that applies to custards, for them i am still using standard coils. I am using a couple of Freemax Mesh Pro's and a SkyNet Pro and a Profile Unity, all tanks i know and probably not a lot different to anyone else on here. Squonking i have 3 Profiles and find them very good and have just received a VandyVape Mesh from @Mitz as part of the Grand raffle win. It is a proper flavour banger, imo better than a Profile. I put it on top of a GBox with some Prime Vape Lemon and Lime running at 70w and i am tasting flavours in Lemon an Lime that i haven't tasted before. I'm going to give it a try on the X Class and see how it works out on that, Well worth a go if you like mesh. Cheers

I have a VV Mesh RDA but I couldn't get on with it due to cotton sag after a day or so and got the dry hit from hell, the Profile mesh solved that issue with spring loaded base but I agree the flavour from the VV Mesh was good but it scares the hell out of me and it's in the naughty box.

I used the Wotofo 6mm cotton for the profile for it and it seems good at the moment, no hint of a dry hit yet although i now have it on the X Class and set the auto squonk to 65 so as long as i keep an eye on my juice level i should be ok. Fingers crossed. If you are thinking of selling can i have first dibs?

I used the Wotofo 6mm cotton for the profile for it and it seems good at the moment, no hint of a dry hit yet although i now have it on the X Class and set the auto squonk to 65 so as long as i keep an eye on my juice level i should be ok. Fingers crossed. If you are thinking of selling can i have first dibs?
If that's the Wotofo Xfibre apparently it wicks better than the original. Haven't used it myself as happy using CB Prime.

No it isn't i didn't know they had a new cotton out. I have never had a problem with the original Wotofo cotton in any of my Profiles or unity, but i do have a problem trying to use ordinary cotton in them. Horses for courses i suppose. We just do what works best for us. Thanks for the info tho.

If that's the Wotofo Xfibre apparently it wicks better than the original. Haven't used it myself as happy using CB Prime.
Just find the original has a long break in & doesn't seem to hold juice as well. Think it's because it's so dense but we all find our preferences. The Xfibre seems to have far less break in & wicks well.

I use the same Wotofo Cotton in my Profile too and yet to suffer a dry hit, the flavour just isn't up there with something like the Freemax Mesh Pro and then to find a little single coil RTA the Wasp Nano delivered more flavour than most of my RDA's it's left me wanting and waiting for the RDA market to catch up.

I use mine on mech squonkers which work well, especially on the Pulse for some reason, fruit & desert juices mostly but it's rare I pick it up as first choice.

I feel the answer is in airflow or a different way of mounting the mesh a bit like a dual mesh RTA?

It's going to need a game changer to recover, I was pissing around in CAD and half designed one myself with flat mesh with airflow coming from underneath, I haven't a clue how to wick it though, perhaps a sandwich?

RDA Dabble v3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom