What's new

Squonk Mod 2 * 18650 Battery?

The Dyadic is on my wishlist, I definitely don't need it though.............. honestly............. :12:
Solid, simple mod but like nearly every other mod has little niggly issues. Had mine since release & other than weeping, no issues. It's the sort of niggle you're aware of & tend to preempt it getting too bad. like condensation in the BB.

Thanks Misters (or Misses) Vaponeezer and Hornet.

Can't say I am much looking forward to the nappies... especially as we are going to be trying reusable nappies.

Horrible idea. The reusable ones need as much or more energy and chemicals to clean and wash them as it takes to make disposables -which are biodegradable anyway. And you have to deal with loads more baby shit which is never pleasant.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...achment_data/file/291130/scho0808boir-e-e.pdf

I guess my priorities are as follows:
Good build quality as I occasinally drop it.
Geekvape Aegis Squonker.

High squonk bottle capacity.
Geekvape Aegis Squonker.

Batteries well fitted and unlikely to fall out.
Aegis.

Simple user interface.
Aegis.

2 battery (I have a stressful job and vape a lot - I get through a charged set and half od batteries a day).
A set and a half is 3 batteries. You carry a spare set of 2. Aegis is single battery, so you still need to carry the same 2 spares...

A squonk I can topfill.
Aegis. Although depending on the type of bottles you use you might need to take the RDA off...

Something that will last.
A mech squonker? Look into DS designs...

Horrible idea. The reusable ones need as much or more energy and chemicals to clean and wash them as it takes to make disposables -which are biodegradable anyway. And you have to deal with loads more baby shit which is never pleasant.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...achment_data/file/291130/scho0808boir-e-e.pdf

I am pretty sure I am correct in believing that the disposable ones contain a plastic outer shell lining which is not biodegradable, even if the inner lining on some of them are biodegradable...

I reckon I have done enough to hurt the planet already... don't want to start my little one off on the same path!!

Geekvape Aegis Squonker.

Geekvape Aegis Squonker.

Aegis.

Aegis.

A set and a half is 3 batteries. You carry a spare set of 2. Aegis is single battery, so you still need to carry the same 2 spares...

Aegis. Although depending on the type of bottles you use you might need to take the RDA off...

A mech squonker? Look into DS designs...

Thanks. will check it out
Do you recommend the Aegis then?

Thanks. will check it out
Do you recommend the Aegis then?
That depends. If you vape at high wattage, no single 18650 mod is going to give good battery life. I use single coil RDAs and vape at around 30 watts, so it's good for me. Good durability, good sized bottle, secure battery, waterproof, shockproof, dust proof...

If you are using a Profile RDA and want pocket friendly, then really, you don't need a Dual 18650 mod. Just get a single 18650 and carry a spare battery if you run low on power.

Alternatively, you could use a 21700 mod like the Pulse X for additional capacity whilst still using a high amp drain battery

If you are using a Profile RDA and want pocket friendly, then really, you don't need a Dual 18650 mod. Just get a single 18650 and carry a spare battery if you run low on power.

Alternatively, you could use a 21700 mod like the Pulse X for additional capacity whilst still using a high amp drain battery

I still use a Pulse mech single 20700 squonker for one of my Profiles (V1) and it hits perfectly, as @richierich says a 21700 would be even better, chucking in another battery takes around a minute tops.

Like my Dyadic for its size and was my go to when going out and about. The side fill is handy. The mod and bottle have a nice feel. (Mod covered in that grippy stuff) Good simple bright screen. It’s not much bigger than my old single battery pulse. Heavier though.

The not so good points are battery life (compared to a dual Topside,) the battery reading says one drains faster than the other for a moment and the rubber bung is no longer attached to the bottle, broke off. Not great for when out and about. Can’t see any replacement parts. ( you get a spare bottle but with no cap!) It also requires careful filling.

mine has also got a very small leak. I would describe it as not even a drop. My topside dual also gets juice in the battery tray occasionally. Neither would be a deal killer and stop me recommending them to folk. Its squonking, it can be messy sometimes!

I like the Aegis sqounk but a single 18650 kills it for me. And I know if I get one they will release the 2100 version. If you are considering single batt, have a look at Topside light. It’s bloody tall though!

have a great week daddy-o!

Topside dual is a great mod and definately recommended but my 'out and about' squonk mod at the mo is a Wismec Luxotic DF (that had been gathering dust since I bought it on a deal). Dual battery and comfortable size and great as a back up device.

Back
Top Bottom