What's new

Squonk Mod 2 * 18650 Battery?

richardjb

Initiate
Hello vapers

I have been happily squonking for well over a year and it is, frankly, awesome. But then you will all know that already.

My set up for around 16 months has pretty much been my Rage OhmBoy Mod and a Dead Rabbit SQ atomizer.

I had an OhmBoy that died after 3 months, which I replaced with a new one (as previously posted), and it has been serving me well.

Having read the reviews on here, I have just purchased a Wotofo Profile 1.5 atomizer which should be delivered on Monday.

I am thinking about getting a new/spare Mod as well.
I have not really looked into the market since getting onto the OhmBoy a while back! Does anyone have any recommendations on new 2*18650 battery squonk Mods?

Thanks!!

Topside Dual has it's fans. Wotofo Dyadic but can be weepy around the bottle/510. Lost Vape Drone DNA250C if you can stretch to it but has creaky panel when squonking. Have in use both the Dyadic & Drone & doing fine. Topside personally I'm not a fan of as too heavy & some have had issues with juice leaking into the board.

Topside Dual has it's fans. Wotofo Dyadic but can be weepy around the bottle/510. Lost Vape Drone DNA250C if you can stretch to it but has creaky panel when squonking. Have in use both the Dyadic & Drone & doing fine. Topside personally I'm not a fan of as too heavy & some have had issues with juice leaking into the board.

I have a baby on its way - due day is next Friday - so I am being cautious with my money... but then again I need my vape!
I read some poor reviews of the build quality on the drone... particularly the battery door casing. Have you had any issue with that? Or anything else with the build quality? Also, I tend to keep my mod in one of my front jean pockets... any reason the drone would be a problem for that?
Thanks for your help!

I have a baby on its way - due day is next Friday - so I am being cautious with my money... but then again I need my vape!
I read some poor reviews of the build quality on the drone... particularly the battery door casing. Have you had any issue with that? Or anything else with the build quality? Also, I tend to keep my mod in one of my front jean pockets... any reason the drone would be a problem for that?
Thanks for your help!
Drone isnt pocket friendly & the cover creaks when squonking & occasionally moves. Other than that it's solid. For a carry round mod the Dyadic is better but you'll be hard pushed to call any dual cell squonker pocket friendly. They're the same size as a triple cell. Unless you're pushing the Profile 1.5 into silly watt country a single cell squonk & spare batteries would be more pocket friendly.

There is only 1 dual 18650 battery that I have bought I would class as jeans pocket friendly and that's the Nikola Niagara, its an older mod so not sure if you can find one but my 2 are both going strong after 2+ years of regular use, I have the Profile V1 permanently sat on one of mine.

Wotofo-Profile-4.jpg

I reviewed it a while ago but here's the link:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ikola-niagara-squonk-dual-battery-mod.164655/

I also have a Drone which I love despite its creaky door which hasn't been much of an issue for me, as well as the Topside Dual, G-Box, Capo 216, my favourite is the Drone but the Niagara is the only one I grab to take out.

Money wise a decent 21700 or 20700 single battery squonk mod would be a better option and more pocket friendly, carry a spare battery if it's an issue and you have a lot more choice with bargain sales.

Good luck with the baby (you will need a squonk after nappy changing!)

Thanks Misters (or Misses) Vaponeezer and Hornet.

Can't say I am much looking forward to the nappies... especially as we are going to be trying reusable nappies. Will keep my Squonk well away from the changing table, and the baby in general!

Thanks for the recommends.
I feel a little spoilt by my OhmBoy have read a little into all the Mods you suggest. I guess my priorities are as follows:
Good build quality as I occasinally drop it.
High squonk bottle capacity.
Batteries well fitted and unlikely to fall out.
Simple user interface.
2 battery (I have a stressful job and vape a lot - I get through a charged set and half od batteries a day).
A squonk I can topfill.
Something that will last.

My OhmBoy scores too well on all the above!!

Thanks Misters (or Misses) Vaponeezer and Hornet.

Can't say I am much looking forward to the nappies... especially as we are going to be trying reusable nappies. Will keep my Squonk well away from the changing table, and the baby in general!

Thanks for the recommends.
I feel a little spoilt by my OhmBoy have read a little into all the Mods you suggest. I guess my priorities are as follows:
Good build quality as I occasinally drop it.
High squonk bottle capacity.
Batteries well fitted and unlikely to fall out.
Simple user interface.
2 battery (I have a stressful job and vape a lot - I get through a charged set and half od batteries a day).
A squonk I can topfill.
Something that will last.

My OhmBoy scores too well on all the above!!
Topside Dual ticks al those but go for the standard version as it's cheaper & NOT a YiHi board. For simplicity I prefer the Dyadic but it's not top fill (over rated & easy enough to use a refil bottle) but has side fill on the bottle lid, as long as you use thin tipped bottles. Power mode only so easy to use. As @Vapaneezer Scrooge says the Niagra is a good shout but hard to find now.
Yes we are geezers:D

Topside Dual ticks al those but go for the standard version as it's cheaper & NOT a YiHi board. For simplicity I prefer the Dyadic but it's not top fill (over rated & easy enough to use a refil bottle) but has side fill on the bottle lid, as long as you use thin tipped bottles. Power mode only so easy to use. As @Vapaneezer Scrooge says the Niagra is a good shout but hard to find now.
Yes we are geezers:D

Can't be too careful in today's world. I have been shouted at too many times when trying to be polite! This place does seem to be geezer-centric though :-)

Six months back I needed help trouble-shooting a problem with a car. I posted on a piston-head forum asking for help. Someone gave me a lot of help with messages going backwards and forwards. I was sure it was a guy, and in one message I wrote "thank you fella". Let's just say, the response was not positive!

The Topside is a thought... but the leaks are a concern!

Back
Top Bottom