What's new

Squonk bottles

thanks all I ended up getting some dripbox squeeze bottles & they fit much better know .

I changed mine for a dripbox 160 bottle same size slightly lighter in colour and a tad softer.
But best of all it shoots juice up just like the dripbox now
Thanks mate, got some of those on the way from FT. Sounds like they're a bit softer. Looking forward to trying one.

Seeing as I might just have to get into squonking at some point in time, I wonder if somebody can answer my main concern about it ?

Squonk bottles are plastic, right? And you're not supposed to put some flavours of juice into plastic bottles, right? So...do you guys vape with a limited palette, or has somebody come up with a cool way round that problem? or is my info old as the dinosaurs and all plastic vape juice bottles are nowadays made of some special non-reactive plastic that nobody needs to worry about?

I've been looking out for the answer to this question for ages. But , heck, looks like I'm the only ape who's dumb enough to ask it :oops2:

Seeing as I might just have to get into squonking at some point in time, I wonder if somebody can answer my main concern about it ?

Squonk bottles are plastic, right? And you're not supposed to put some flavours of juice into plastic bottles, right? So...do you guys vape with a limited palette, or has somebody come up with a cool way round that problem? or is my info old as the dinosaurs and all plastic vape juice bottles are nowadays made of some special non-reactive plastic that nobody needs to worry about?

I've been looking out for the answer to this question for ages. But , heck, looks like I'm the only ape who's dumb enough to ask it :oops2:
Not an issue with good quality bottles mate- I've had lime sparkle in one for months - that stuff can melt granite [emoji23] can get tainted with strong flavours though

I've had no issue's. But even if you have extreme tastes in juice you can pick up spare bottles for next to nothing. I think tanks use a specific plastic to look as much like glass as possible where as the bottles don't have such restrictions. Let's face it if there was an issue you'd never be able to buy them as they'd be melting on the shelves.

Not an issue with good quality bottles mate- I've had lime sparkle in one for months - that stuff can melt granite [emoji23] can get tainted with strong flavours though
Ah, That's reassuring, thanks :) But how do you tell a "good quality bottle" ?

I've had no issue's. But even if you have extreme tastes in juice you can pick up spare bottles for next to nothing. I think tanks use a specific plastic to look as much like glass as possible where as the bottles don't have such restrictions. Let's face it if there was an issue you'd never be able to buy them as they'd be melting on the shelves.
The vast majority tanks are pyrex glass nowadays, and the higher -end tanks have never been plastic, to the best of my knowlwege. There might still be a few old plastic ones floating around, at the bottom end of the markett, but I wouldn't buy them. Similarly, the better juices used to be sold in glass bottles That's changed a bit with TPD. ofc, but since I mix my own nowadays, i don't have to worry about that; I can use whatever bottles I like, and i like glass. . That being so, though, there's no guarantee that my juices won't melt the plastic. But, frankly I'm not worried about the bottle melting , I'm just a bit concerned about toxins fleaching into the juice if it reacts a bit with the bottle. That wouldn't necessarily be so obvious.

I don't think my tastes in juice are extreme. A juice only needs to be a bit acidic to react with some of the plastics, and I can't be arsed with committing all the dodgy ones to memory. It's too long a list. Citrus flavours are notorious though, so if Hodge is vaping lime without issues, that's certainly reassuring.

Heh, This is an issue that I haven't really had to think about in years, it's been so easy to simply avoid plasic kit. Seems a bit of a retrograde step to reintroduce plastic in the kit, but yeah, i can see the necessity. The only problem with glass is you can't squeeze it. :18:

Last edited:
Ah, That's reassuring, thanks :) But how do you tell a "good quality bottle" ?

The vast majority tanks are pyrex glass nowadays, and the higher -end tanks have never been plastic, to the best of my knowlwege. There might still be a few old plastic ones floating around, at the bottom end of the markett, but I wouldn't buy them. Similarly, the better juices used to be sold in glass bottles That's changed a bit with TPD. ofc, but since I mix my own nowadays, i don't have to worry about that; I can use whatever bottles I like, and i like glass. . That being so, though, there's no guarantee that my juices won't melt the plastic. But, frankly I'm not worried about the bottle melting , I'm just a bit concerned about toxins fleaching into the juice if it reacts a bit with the bottle. That wouldn't necessarily be so obvious.

I don't think my tastes in juice are extreme. A juice only needs to be a bit acidic to react with some of the plastics, and I can't be arsed with committing all the dodgy ones to memory. It's too long a list. Citrus flavours are notorious though, so if Hodge is vaping lime without issues, that's certainly reassuring.

Heh, This is an issue that I haven't really had to think about in years, it's been so easy to simply avoid plasic kit. Seems a bit of a retrograde step to reintroduce plastic in the kit, but yeah, i can see the necessity. The only problem with glass is you can't squeeze it. :18:
Probably two of the highest end tanks are indeed plastic. The rose v3 and the calix. The material the tanks are made of are polycarbonate which is where the issue lies. I used to love halo' s crazy custard and that was a poly destroyer but I've still got a bottle in the cupboard of 2015 vintage and the bottle is holding out fine. As I say I've been through a lot of flavours and so far no bottle issues and nothing a little milton can't shift flavour wise.

I just wish I could get a larger soft bottle for my Drone. The MM ones are great, but empty too fast.

Back
Top Bottom