What's new

Set in my ways at 70/30 - what's 50/50 juice like to squonk?

Based on recommendations I’d seen by @eyeball kid I ordered a strike 18 and a Jorda B about a month ago, and immediately got the strike 18 up and running with the last of my manabush stock and the flavour was amazing. Tried the same eliquid with a Geekvape Ammit mtl rda and the flavour was a bit meh. I don’t think I’ve got the best out of the Ammit but it has been shelved for now. I got the Strike out again a couple of days ago to try on a regulated squonker, with a different eliquid and I just couldn’t get it right (it was just too warm and flavour wasn’t there - it isn’t normally on that eliquid to be fair) so I got out the Jorda B and set it up and wow, this is the best I have ever tasted this eliquid.

Incidentally as I was putting the cap on the Jorda B, I realised that I hadn’t lined up the air flow on the Strike 18 (which is why it was too hot), I’d been too wrapped up in thinking the difference in heat was down to it being on a regulated squonker :doh:

So I would just like to say a big thank you to eyeball kid for his recommendations, I’m feeling a lot more positive about this vaping malarkey now that this eliquid is palatable :D

I got this Strike 18 this weekend and have to say I was disappointed with it. It has to be the hardest RDA to build on the screws are tiny and keeping the wires in place as you screw them down you need to use all the fingers on your hand and flavour I got from it was nothing to write home about. The posts are almost in the middle leaving a lot of wasted space on the far side of the coil from the airflow. It just doesn't seem well designed to me. Videos show the posts much further to the side than on the one I received.

For MTL RDAs I have tried the Origen Litttle, the Odis 16 and the beserker. Both the clones have very cheap feeling drip tips that detract from the experience. In all of them I have tried so far there is something lacking in flavour even the beserker the vape always comes out sort of watery compared to an RTA. The flavours are all there but changed in not so good a way. Maybe I am doing something wrong, and I haven't yet given up on getting a nice MTL squonk vape. I have a Jorda B waiting to be tried, but have been enjoying a Rose3 clone I got too much to be playing with anything else recently.

I am currently looking at the Speed Revolution and wondering if that is worth a try
As above you can move the coil legs to.where you want. I've tried pretty much every mtl rda and if you don't enjoy the flavour on the strike then something is wrong. I found it much easier to coil than the old origen little.
The speed revolution is basically exactly the same as the strike but with only one airflow choice.
I just adjust the posts to match the size of a 1ohm kanthal coil and make sure the coil is as close to the airflow hole as possible. I use kanthal even on a mech as it seems to be gentle on the liquid in a tight chamber. Nichrome and steel can get very hot very quickly I find.

I got this Strike 18 this weekend and have to say I was disappointed with it. It has to be the hardest RDA to build on the screws are tiny and keeping the wires in place as you screw them down you need to use all the fingers on your hand and flavour I got from it was nothing to write home about. The posts are almost in the middle leaving a lot of wasted space on the far side of the coil from the airflow. It just doesn't seem well designed to me. Videos show the posts much further to the side than on the one I received.

For MTL RDAs I have tried the Origen Litttle, the Odis 16 and the beserker. Both the clones have very cheap feeling drip tips that detract from the experience. In all of them I have tried so far there is something lacking in flavour even the beserker the vape always comes out sort of watery compared to an RTA. The flavours are all there but changed in not so good a way. Maybe I am doing something wrong, and I haven't yet given up on getting a nice MTL squonk vape. I have a Jorda B waiting to be tried, but have been enjoying a Rose3 clone I got too much to be playing with anything else recently.

I am currently looking at the Speed Revolution and wondering if that is worth a try
I had high hopes for the odis 16 when it arrived as I enjoyed the original o atty for more airy vaping but it just didn't suit mtl for me. The fixed big bore drip tip and the excellent tear shaped airflow was compromised when shut down.
It really wasn't one or the other for me. But that's just me.

@Flower Power , you can adjust the position of the post by losseing the 510 pin and just moving it, then tighten it again.

Aha. I can't work out how the 510 pin adjusts, it is so far as I can see a smooth bore squonk hole and the allen keys I have are too big.. I have a tritool and can poke one of the smaller allen key like bits of it right through the hole with a bit of tension, but I don't think it is unscrewing... Anyway I gave one of the terminals a push and it is now moving so I have more space to mount the coil. I will put another coil in later it should improve it alot.

Back
Top Bottom