What's new

Regulated squonk mod choices?

Biscuit

Postman
Hallo all.

My lovely missus has offered to buy me a squonker for my birthday, and I was looking long and hard at the pico squeeze, but I'd really prefer a regulated mod. Just personal preference really (especially for TC).

the choices I've found that seem to actually be avaible and recommended... well, I've only really got two!

Hcigar VT inbox, or Lost vape therion 75c BF.

Is the LV worth the extra, bearing in mind I've never squonked before? or, any other choices?

TIA :)

I'll be honest, I have the original LostVape Therion BF and a VT Inbox. I prefer the Therion to look at, and hold but it's the Inbox that gets carried every day.
This may be due to the Therion's not great battery life (it's the reason that to this day I leave home in the morning with 4 fully charged batteries in a case). Apparently the new Therion chipset takes care of the battery usage, making it a much more desirable mod in my opinion.

I don't think you'll see an awful lot of difference performance wise, it will (and should) purely come to down to your personal preference.

Sorry that this response probably does nothing to help you make up your mind, it's why I've ended up with both :)

I too am new to squonking, however I do have 3 mods with the dna75c chip as well as a few with the older chipset. In my opinion, I think that the Dna75c is a great improvement over the previous version, not only due to the improved battery management but also the far, far better user interface. Once you have a good theme installed, you can change anything and everything you want on the go[emoji6]
I have a couple of Therion's and think that they are quality great looking mods. I don't have a VT inbox, but many people on here seem to like them, so as said above, the decision really is up to you, but I thought I would make you aware of my experience with the newer chipset[emoji12]

First and foremost, spending your hard earned (in this case your partner), along with any perceived 'value for money' is your choice alone.

I have the inbox and I did have the old LV before moving it on.The inbox is a great squonker and worth every penny with the proviso that it's bought from china(FT/GB etc). Personally I don't think it's worth UK prices if it's still close to £100 as your now getting into LV territory. The inbox still has lose fitting doors but there are an easy fix and you've now got more colour choices. My main dislike of the LV is that it's a touch too wide/tall for my changing tastes in box squonkers. It's well built though and squonk well although the bottles are far from the best.
As has already been send, the old LV had crap battery life if you vapedroid over 40-45w. My partner has dna 75c and that the chip is a hell of better especially as she's a mac user. Form factor and aesthetics is of course subjective, but I prefer the industrial chic of the therion and I still use my therion166 for TM duties. They are built rely well.
Such a shame that your choices are fairly limited if you want a 'pocket friendly' regulated squonker that is under or around £100.

Kanger Dripbox 2? https://www.provapes.co.uk/products/kanger-drip-box-2-kit-black?variant=33006475011

Can't vouch for this particular vendor but it's out there and available, with cash left for a couple of atties and some juice.
I'll vouch for Provapes, if you fancy a punt at this mod @Biscuit .
I can't say I've used the Dripbox 2, but I've had 3 of the original Dripbox and have the 160 and they're good mods.
As for Provapes, I've had quite a few bits from them with no problems whatsoever.

I have a Squeeze and a Dripbox 160 - both are great mods. [emoji4]

Only issues I've had is that the 160's bottle longevity is fairly poor, and the cell cut-off is ridiculously high. (about 3.7v) [emoji17]

The Squeeze is a fantastic wee mod, but obviously somewhat restricted by the 50w limit.

Really would like to see some nice duel battery Squonkers, as the 160 is fugly. [emoji1]

Edit:Typo

Back
Top Bottom