What's new

Pulse 80W & Recurve RDA impressions...

@Dozwald You say in your review that you are happy to squonk until the juice level is up to to/above the coil which totally saturates the coil. Do you not find that vaping it after you have done that, is an extremely wet and spitty vape? I have found that the only way to keep the wick at the right level of saturation is to do small but regular squonks whilst regularly getting the top off and looking at it.

Edit

Just went back and did exactly as you described. Looks awesome, wait for that reassuring plop as the last of the spare juice sucks back into the bottle, Hit the button and vape. Absolutely disgusting. Almost literally drunk the juice as all the juice stored in the airholes came out and went straight out the drip tip and into my mouth. Yuuckk!!

Last edited:
With regards to it being bad for you at higher wattages, there’s only a bit more vapour. Without going into whether Vaping in general is bad for you, I can’t see there being any important difference in danger between inhaling the amount of vapour between say 50w and 70w and there are tons of people that vape way higher with cloud chasing and I don’t think that many people would think that way worse for you.

Hi, thanks, I was more worried about the amounts of spitback and juice with nic you end up drinking/tasting as opposed vaping hot when it’s that high. I’m sure a decent quantity of the juice goes down the back of my throat, more so when high vaping due to extra spitback I get ;)

Edit

Just went back and did exactly as you described. Looks awesome, wait for that reassuring plop as the last of the spare juice sucks back into the bottle, Hit the button and vape. Absolutely disgusting. Almost literally drunk the juice as all the juice stored in the airholes came out and went straight out the drip tip and into my mouth. Yuuckk!!

Looks like my ‘spitback’ issues are due to completely oversquoanking and saturating... different squonker mods seem to shoot up juice faster than others. I always thought you need to have juice on the coil (like a dripper) to get a decent flavour out the vape, perhaps that’s not so true after all, especially with this recurve. For instance my dot squonk bottle is so soft, only a tiny touch is enough to get lots up there while the pulse 80, you gotta press double the time and press twice as hard on the bottle to get the same level of juice out into the recurve. I guess we all learn as we vape more and that’s why I love this forum...

Not upgraded the firmware for the Pulse yet. Any difference to battery life?

I did earlier today, battery life seems the same, but I do like the new Boost feature where you can choose up to 150% stronger hit for up to 1 second that you can edit yourself which may save you some battery life by having a higher wattage in first few milliseconds so in theory you can vape the full second or two after at a lower voltage than usual as the coil is already hot by then. Pretty nifty. Also, the fact that you can choose ‘voltage’ mode much easier as it’s now in the place it should be is also cool. By the way, That voltage mode is nifty on the pulse, makes it hit like my dotsquonk mech without the lag drop which happens after a few lugs on the mech. It’ vapes as if you have a full battery for much longer when you don’t.

Hi, thanks, I was more worried about the amounts of spitback and juice with nic you end up drinking/tasting as opposed vaping hot when it’s that high. I’m sure a decent quantity of the juice goes down the back of my throat, more so when high vaping due to extra spitback I get ;)

Ah okay get ya. I think the amount of liquid you swallow is probably pretty small, probably less volumous than you think. Certainly swallowing decent amounts of Eliquid would be a bad idea, but I can’t see the small amounts from spitback causing you any harm. If you haven’t felt odd after it happening that’s about the worse I think you could expect. Admittedly the strength of the liquid comes into play here, I’d be more concerned with getting 18mg or higher spitback then say 3mg whIch I wouldn’t personally worried about in the slightest.

Been avidly reading this after I got the recurve for my pulse 80w. Really seems to be a mix with the recurve. Either amazing flavour, lots of squonk issues or poor flavour. TBH I'm getting the same. First draw is either full of juice, really amazing or OK. Second draw is OK. Third draw is either OK or cotton taste Still not convinced how this can be the best flavour rda. Squonking little and often gives less gurgle but mute flavour and a saturated squonk just leads to rubbish air flow as the holes have to clear the juice first. What makes this such a great rda? cause I'm struggling with mine.

I've found with the Recurve, squonk, don't fire just take a pull and then carry on. That stops the gob full of juice, as for flavour, no issues, it only tails off when the cotton is almost dry and then it tails off quick.

My coil is sat quite low, looking through the airholes I see nothing but coil and it's wicked tight.

I have the coil placement right but had to take a bit of the cotton out of the build as it was just to dry when tight. I am now doing a quick squonk with every draw to prevent a dry hit... This can't be the way

Certainly not, I get about 10 draws per squonk. I'm using the supplied coils that were in the Recurve pack and really tightly wicked.

I have the coil placement right but had to take a bit of the cotton out of the build as it was just to dry when tight. I am now doing a quick squonk with every draw to prevent a dry hit... This can't be the way

No it’s not the way, I don’t know how HOL gets 10 out of it unless they are baby vapes, but you should get 4-5 good long hits before a squonk. Recurve does not hold a lot of juice anyway due to its size, but you will get less and less vapes out of it if your cotton is not great cotton, or if it’s already used a lot and hasn’t been changed for a few hours. Used cotton holds far less than fresh cotton. And every cotton saturates and moves juice differently, some are better with thin and some with thick juices. If juice is too thick, you will get the same issue it’s just not holding enough nor saturating properly to inside of the coils so 80/20 VG/PG should be your maximum for this RDA.

Separately, Flavour is excellent on it (I have tried others) but for me it’s all about the wicking and the type of cotton. F9r instance cotton bacon V2 seems to mute it.

My solution for you is stick with the Recurve, it really is awesome: Invest and try it with COTN Threads as this cotton is great and the wicking amount, and size our the box is perfect for the stock recurve coils every single time, so at least you get that part right. Once you try it, then tell us what you think ;)

Back
Top Bottom