What's new

Finally - First Squonk RDA deck Build

mjeccs

Postman
After a week or so of failure I have finally finished a dual coil build that I am happy with (kind of).

I found no joy with pre built coils I had accumulated over the past few days and by no uncertain circumstance have struggled to produce a decent enough vape. It has been a frustrating but rewarding journey.

In the end I wrapped my own coils using the Kanthal wire that comes inside the Coil Master V2 kit. 6 wraps each gave me around 0.25 resistance.

I have thoroughly enjoyed learning new things and have studied a great deal, hoping to gather as much advice as I could to help me along the way.

Many thanks to the Apes on these forums for all the words of wisdom.

Now I guess it's time to try a @Smut coil and realise how much learning I still have to do!

20180212_185442.jpg

It's all a learning curve mate and is strangely satisfying when you wrap something yourself that you enjoy. Keep it simple to start with and then you can progress to Clapton wire etc.

Love building my own coils, even the frustration of fucking up the aliens I was attempting today.... just makes me more determined to get it right.... I'm not there on the pretty scales yet but the flavour and vapour production are excellent!!

Keep it up bud, you'll get there

Smuts Aliens work great in the DR. I’ve replaced all my coils with Brochrome now....but his Aliens are staying put :) tons & TONS of flavour.

Just spent around 2 hours trying different builds in the DR SQ....keep going back to a simple 5 wrap brochrome!

good for you mate stick at making your own coils it will get easy,er there are so many wires out there to choose from but you will find your favs mine are NI80 flat claptons or brochome any way good luck with making em and enjoy..

Back
Top Bottom