What's new

Capo squonker my views

I don't know if I'm expecting less but I've fully road tested mine from 1.2 ohm mtl kanthal builds to 0.2 brochrome in the flave and I can't fault it. I've currently got a 2.5mm flat nichrome 24awg at 0.4 (7wraps) in the hadaly at 35-40w and its cracking. Really hits hard (as you would expect from flat brochrome and delivers a warm flavour full vape. If your used to mech squonk rda' s I think it delivers very well indeed. Just don't expect a single battery mod to drive a 25 mm dual coil rda to it's limits.
Word to the wise. When your coiling your nichrome, do remember to dry burn and comb the coil until it glows evenly. I forgot when I set this up and it fired up like a jet as only half the coil heated. I'm very easily distracted.

Mine may be faulty. More testing required. Using simple single kanthal half ohm cools on Pulse and Morphe. No difference in vape from 30w to 100w. Under 30 there is a gradual step up but then seems to flatten. Not even warmer. Disappointing

Mine may be faulty. More testing required. Using simple single kanthal half ohm cools on Pulse and Morphe. No difference in vape from 30w to 100w. Under 30 there is a gradual step up but then seems to flatten. Not even warmer. Disappointing
I am wondering if what we are seeing is a quality issue. Mine has been behaving itself really well and raising the wattage is very much the same as any of my other devices until I get to around 75w-80w then it tapers off as you would expect when using the 20700 cell.

Ok so I contacted the vendor and I now wish I had watched a few more videos before my purchase. Whilst some reviews suggested it felt underpowered (like I found) the ones I saw didn't get to the knub of how this thing works.

I'm not going to return it because for the price I can get good useage from it with some adjustments to the coil I use (essentially lower the ohms) and I like the form factor

So I was referred to the video by Heathen which I watched. I then found this one.

Essentially this device acts like a mech, with step down (buck) but no step up (boost) which for me defeats the object of using a regulated device (though this will of course have protections a mech won't provide)

Charts from about 20mins in and at 32 mins 'this device will give you no more wattage than an unregulated device' and weakens as the battery depletes...yeah

Thankfully the Hotcig RSQ was a much better purchase

I've really not seen a lot of information or hype about this device at all, it seems to have completely slipped under the radar, which is a massive shame considering the number of people I know who are looking for a reasonably priced regulated squonk. It's excellent - not super expensive, has a decent (waterproof) chip, with temp control, and fires at 80W which IMO is perfect for a tiny regulated single 18650 squonker.

+1 for the RSQ. Greyhaze had them for £40 on Black Friday. Cracking deal for the quality of the mod. It's even smaller than my SVA (yftk), vw squonker, and I always prefer metal over plastic.

The buck/boost issue for the Capo is a real shame as this could have been a half decent performer for the money.

Ok so I contacted the vendor and I now wish I had watched a few more videos before my purchase. Whilst some reviews suggested it felt underpowered (like I found) the ones I saw didn't get to the knub of how this thing works.

I'm not going to return it because for the price I can get good useage from it with some adjustments to the coil I use (essentially lower the ohms) and I like the form factor

So I was referred to the video by Heathen which I watched. I then found this one.

Essentially this device acts like a mech, with step down (buck) but no step up (boost) which for me defeats the object of using a regulated device (though this will of course have protections a mech won't provide)

Charts from about 20mins in and at 32 mins 'this device will give you no more wattage than an unregulated device' and weakens as the battery depletes...yeah

Spot on. Like the old hex ohm style but with a digital wattage control instead of the old voltage pent.
Get the build right and you can fine tune. Sometimes a particular build on a mech can be a little rowdy so it's handy to be able to turn it down a tad.

Spot on. Like the old hex ohm style but with a digital wattage control instead of the old voltage pent.
Get the build right and you can fine tune. Sometimes a particular build on a mech can be a little rowdy so it's handy to be able to turn it down a tad.
I still think ijoy got ahead of themselves and committed to a design breif that they just couldn't fulfil. This is exactly why three cell squonkers won't work. There's just too much real estate required.

It may be a tad fugly but doesn't it fit in the hand well.

Got mine a few days ago. My experience is that it feels like it can't get more than 35w from my batteries. My squeeze hits harder with fresh batteries than this does. It does regulate down from 35w though which would be a bonus for people using microcoils. I have been running single coil 3mm 6 wrap ss flapton coming out at .38ohm on a hadaly and an entheon. Starting with fresh batteries the squeeze matches it regardless of the selected wattage even if I dial it up to max. I can't imagine how this could possibly drive the duel coil deck the kit comes with. To me it does not regulate like any other regulated mod I have used and I regret its purchase. Looking forward to Santa bringing a shiny new thereon bf 75c.

Back
Top Bottom