What's new

3D Printed Mech Squonkers - Unsure...

Well I looked at my mate's Octopus yesterday (not a sentence I ever thought i'd write) and it is very tidy, and I was surprised it's slightly bigger than a Pico Squeeze so size factor isn't an advantage. I'm still not blown away. He did also have a Bolt though, and for a 3D printed the feel f the build was excellent.
sorry to hear that you wasn't a 100% feeling the octopus but I still think for £100 it's a good deal and a good mod, just maybe not what you are after, you right about the bolt tho, fit and finish is excellent but would be harder to get hold of than a octopus and I'm almost sure you wouldn't pick one up for £100... Size wise all 18650 single cell mech squonkers are around the same size if you are looking for something abit bigger might be worth also looking at 20700 ones...

sorry to hear that you wasn't a 100% feeling the octopus but I still think for £100 it's a good deal and a good mod

No doubt - in fact he sold it this morning to a guy who offered him more than he was asking me :)

Well I looked at my mate's Octopus yesterday (not a sentence I ever thought i'd write) and it is very tidy, and I was surprised it's slightly bigger than a Pico Squeeze so size factor isn't an advantage. I'm still not blown away. He did also have a Bolt though, and for a 3D printed the feel f the build was excellent.
This is the first little plastic box that's given me a tickle. Obvious but previously missed internal arrangement.
http://flavourchasers.com/mods/squonkers/buzz-definitive-designs-xtruder-mech-squonker/

I may be in the minority here, but I would much rather buy a cheap box from china, upgrade the internals for £20 and spend the balance on juice, atties, and batteries.

I may be in the minority here, but I would much rather buy a cheap box from china, upgrade the internals for £20 and spend the balance on juice, atties, and batteries.

That was one of my thoughts, i'm no engineer but it looks relatively straight forward to do.

Think your spot on. That's why I'm hovering over a few models from ft and 3 f at the moment. The icarus 1.5 has already improved the contact issue.

That was one of my thoughts, i'm no engineer but it looks relatively straight forward to do.
I did one of.the frankie clones from ft for a friend. A better 510, better bottles and tube and a new contact sheet. Cost about £15 to make a top notch little squonker. (On top of the tenner or so the Frankie cost. I was in for about £25 total and all the connecting parts where top quality.

Think your spot on. That's why I'm hovering over a few models from ft and 3 f at the moment. The icarus 1.5 has already improved the contact issue.

If you do an overhaul on one i'd love to hear the details man :)

Back
Top Bottom