POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another question

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by DakotaMai, Oct 2, 2014.

1. G60

G60 Postman

I think 1.3-1.4 on a mech with a Kayfun should be ok and you should be fine with the wire that you are using although personally I use 0.28 or 0.3. I find that you want about 1mm between the air hole and coil. That wire you are using is quite thick so you do have to remember it won't vape like an Evod straight off the bat because it takes a second or so to get the coil up to temp.

2. stryker

stryker Postman

On a side note, I don't think a kick will work in a 4nine as you have no tolerance with the 4nine. The kick adds around 5mm to the length of your battery and usually between adjusting your button and top-cap you can accommodate that, however the 4nine has no adjustments.

3. Rob

Rob Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, but I used a kick in a 4Nine with no problems. Both in 18350 mode and in 18500. Obviously, not in 18650 mode.
    It worked well, but as I was only trying it to see whether it was viable.

4. cheersm8

cheersm8 Achiever

Kayfun on a mech, any mech = 1.0hms or below, and be a scrimper with the wicking. Kayfuns hate being over stuffed.

5. Ment

Ment Legend

I've found that as long as you leave the air hole well clear, the Kayfun doesn't mind being over stuffed. But the juices do. For custard type juices I for a thick wick to prevent the juice burning but for fruity types a thinner wick is better.

6. Ment

Ment Legend

I bet you wish you hadn't started this thread. You can't be any wiser now than before.

It just shows how the huge number of variables and our own preferences affect the outcome.

You're obviously serious about vaping, so just keep experimenting.

7. DakotaMai

DakotaMai Vendor

In still not sure what to do...but I am a more informed not sure what to do person!!

I have ordered a kick, only £13, to see if that will give me some idea what watts range work well for me for this tank. Once I know that I will have a smaller ohms range to play with. I'm struggling with the idea of rebuilding over and over, making every variable of coil to try and find what works best for me. So I figured a kick might point me in the right direction, and make experimenting a little less disappointing....

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

• Like Like x 1
  8. FromTheDarkness

FromTheDarkness Postman

your vaping at 11watt ?

Sorry just to add to the above post.

I used the kayfun on the MVP >Mods (with kick/ without kick) > dna 30

By far my personal experience in order dna30> mvp2> mods withoutkick > mod with kick

issue:
    mod without kick - not a stable vape, fantastic for 1o mins then crappy - too much power, burns wick easy - fast, need change wicks regular, tastes crappy.

mod with kick - no matter what seem to need more power.

Mvp good, but at 11 watts, i think the battery cant give the power quick enough, so needs to be used at like 10watts.

DNA 30 is fantastic with a sont vt5, lasts for ever at 11 watts, coil seems to get instant power. consistant vape - highly recommend - i got one for £27 so its a no brainner.

#28 FromTheDarkness, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  9. blademansw

blademansw Achiever

About 14 watts ish on a mech :-)

10. FromTheDarkness

FromTheDarkness Postman

I was under the impresstion that 11watts was the max due to the tolorance of the plastic insulator.