POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Wicking an RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by AquaticGnu, Dec 12, 2019.

1. AquaticGnu

AquaticGnu Initiate

I recent bought the Blotto rta, but have no experience with rtas. I normally use RDAs and clearly rtas are a different animal. I've tried a few builds in the Blotto but constantly get dry hits. I'm assuming its an issue with the way I'm using the cotton. Any tips on that would be great, and any advice on rtas in general would be too.

2. mattyk2010

mattyk2010 Veteran

Watch plenty of YouTube vids on the tank you wanna build and remember when you think you have the right amount of cotton take a bit more off your tails

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tootlevape

Tootlevape Achiever

Thin the ends of the wick tails and fill but don't clog the juice wells. The ends of the wick tails should rest just shy of the bottom of the wells so as to allow free entry of eliquid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AquaticGnu

AquaticGnu Initiate

Does the Blotto work best as a dual or single coil? I've been using dual, but the airflow seems choked off a bit

5. Tootlevape

Tootlevape Achiever

Can't really help with this rta as I am a single coil mtl vaper but perhaps some or our dtl apes will step in with advice

6. Budgieuk01

Budgieuk01 Postman

I use dual coils in mine now, I did try single builds but not as good as dual. It is a restrictive air flow even with the AFC fully open.

7. AquaticGnu

AquaticGnu Initiate

Cheers, I'll stick with dual coils. The flavour is really good. Shame there isn't a tiny bit more airflow haha. Cheers for the help with wicking guys, it's working like a dream now

• Thank Thank x 1