What's new

Why isn't my kayfun wicking quick enough?

Yeah it looks more rank in the pics than in person, crap light and crap camera I guess, the pics look burnt brown but in person it's a really dark brown pretty much same as the confectioners cut juice

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

**edit Bah! Got it now! The tank is, in fact 'sealed' much like the principles involved in those old fashioned galvanised poultry drinkers, doh! The e-liquid and the stop cap o-ring forming the 'seal' to the air space when the device is 'right side up'. I'll leave my post though, just for folks to chew on.

Lol, that's the beastie!, trouble is very few people know about poultry drinkers!. That O-ring is a little chunt and responsible for a soggy finger or two until you figure out what is wrong...

Oh and a half cut Tubby will indulge in somnolence inducing "Teaching" posts whilst partaking of the occasional nip of Jim Beam's Red Stag, therefore looking like a snotty little chunt the day after!!!
gargleblasterf.gif

Ok guys update.

After vaping all night and draining the tank of confectioners cut, no dodgy tasting hits, not one.

Maybe dialing back the air control as @Tubbyengineer said did the trick

Anyway, it vaped well with good flavour and vapour so am happy again, but as promised before refilling here is a pic of the current setup, any tips or hints are still welcome :)

Hey up dagger.
From your pics I'd say in pic 1 you have the right amount of cotton on the deck, but in pic 3 there is too much.
You should be looking to half-fill the deck chamber, and no more.
That will be blocking the flow.

Also in pic 2 it looks like the cotton may not be completely touching the coil. (May just be the picture though)
If you twist the end of the cotton to thread the coil, make sure you pull it through, past the twisted(compressed) stuff. Dry, it should be fluffy, and you should still be able to move it quite easily. Not too tight.

Great, now my kayfun is acting up. It doesn't like my magneto for some reason and has decided to try and burn me every time I attempt to insert a battery. I guess I'll be using my I-clear 30 till I get this sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Yeah I noticed the difference in wick on each side which is why I tried to get photo's of both sides. I think it is touching the coil, must be the pics. So when I re wick, if I aim to have pic1 wick on both sides of the deck I should be all good?

I'm not really sure why one side of the wick is denser than the other, the cotton was a uniform diameter when I fed it through the coil :what:

Wicked up a second clone, how's this look?

Both sides

Attachments

• 1403472944863.jpg
    1403472944863.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 83
  • 1403472973521.jpg
    1403472973521.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 71
Wicked up a second clone, how's this look?

Both sides

So long as ot touches the deck.
Personally, I'd use less cotton. There seems to be a lot. Also I'd go longer an form a very subtle "M" shape.

I must quantify this by saying, I don't use cotton in my KFs anymore.
See http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...87-kayfun-navy-nest-variant-with-piccies.html for my favourite set-up.

(Quote or mention (@), I nearly missed this ;) )

It's not tight in the coil but it is a 3mm coil so yeah it's probably a fair amount, next time I'll make the tails slightly longer too form the m shape, any reason for this?
And yeah I used to use silica but I prefer the flavour from cotton

It's not tight in the coil but it is a 3mm coil so yeah it's probably a fair amount, next time I'll make the tails slightly longer too form the m shape, any reason for this?
And yeah I used to use silica but I prefer the flavour from cotton

I used them M to br sure I had enough to contact the deck without having to drag the cotton down to it.

Back
Top Bottom