What's new

Why does it dryhit at only 43 w? Zeus RTA

guipranav

Postman
I did everything, from simply hanging the wicks and not touching the base, to giving attention to the amount of cotton (Cotton Bacon v2) and stock coils (. 32 resistance. I don't even know what coils are these). After every tweak, if I want to get a more warmer vape, it almost dryhits at 43+ watts. What's this shit? I'm using 80/20 VG PG.

Mod: Smoant Charon 218 TC
IMG_20180115_212404.jpg

try a juice with lower vg.
or keep at it with the wicking till you get it right

atb

Dry hits is almost always too much cotton. Try combing the tails out from the coil down to their ends. Have the wick hanging a fraction off the base.

Reviews have said the stock coils are shit. Both mine ended up in the bin. I'm using Clapton 3.5 ID, 0.5 ohms and no bother now I sussed the wicking.

Give it another go. It's a nice tank when it's behaving

Dry hits is almost always too much cotton. Try combing the tails out from the coil down to their ends. Have the wick hanging a fraction off the base.

Reviews have said the stock coils are shit. Both mine ended up in the bin. I'm using Clapton 3.5 ID, 0.5 ohms and no bother now I sussed the wicking.

Give it another go. It's a nice tank when it's behaving
Hey Jimi. How're you doing?

I think I'll have to brush away a little more. I just don't want spit backs and now in my mouth. But I'll try this and bringing the wicks closer to the base.
Wish the coils could be known, I'd have TCed and less dryhits.

PS Glad I've started DIY. This is one big juice guzzler.

Thanks for the help.

I'm good thanks.

No idea what the stock coils are. Not seen any like it before. I think if you get the tails longer as mentioned....a fraction off the juice tray. Itch the tails out at the end....not so much by the coil but the bit that will sit in the juice well. This should stop it spitting as it sounds like you were cutting them short?

Do a search on the forum for Zeus as there are a couple of really good threads on building this one. Also YouTube is your friend.

....and yes, it drinks like George best [emoji16]

try a juice with lower vg.
or keep at it with the wicking till you get it right

atb
Nice idea actually. That's why I kept VG pc less than 80% in my next batch. Let's see when its done.

I wicked it thrice or four times, i think the wicking is right, it's just the nasty coil. My parcel from GB that contained wire hasn't come. Its been shipped since 17th Dec (JJD0002257016433568).

Thanks.

I'm good thanks.

No idea what the stock coils are. Not seen any like it before. I think if you get the tails longer as mentioned....a fraction off the juice tray. Itch the tails out at the end....not so much by the coil but the bit that will sit in the juice well. This should stop it spitting as it sounds like you were cutting them short?

Do a search on the forum for Zeus as there are a couple of really good threads on building this one. Also YouTube is your friend.

....and yes, it drinks like George best [emoji16]
I didn't get any spit back as of now but I was assuming if I cut them too short in order to avoid dryhits.

I'm simply waiting for my parcel that has wire and winder in it. It's by Yodel btw. Even I'm not liking the stock coils. [emoji23] [emoji52]

Dry hits are caused by the wicking not the coil. You've most likely got the cotton too thick in the wick slot which is is choking it off. Remember, cotton swells when wet. Make sure you thin the cotton out at each end so the tails are nice and thinned out as they run thru the wicking slots. In my experience it's better to have the cotton as short as possible and only extending far enough to fill the wick slots. I do not let my wicks extend beyond the wick slots and down to the base. I have zero dry hits.

Last edited:
Dry hits are caused by the wicking not the coil. You've most likely got the cotton too thick in the wick port which bison chocking it off. Remember, cotton swells when wet. Make sure you thin the cotton out at each end so the tails are nice and thinned out as they run thru the wicking slots. In my experience it's better bro have the cotton as short as possible and only extending far enough to fill the wick slots. I do not let my wicks extend beyond the wick slots and down to the base. I have zero dry hits.
spot on this is exactly the way i wicked mine yesterday and was vaping all last night on it with no dry hits

Back
Top Bottom