What's new

Top Coil hot spot

K

KulrMeStoopid

Ok let me get this straight, it is BAD when the coils glow orange right? so how come I see pics of peoples atties with their coils glowing red and people replying like OH THAT'S A NICE COIL!

So when all mine glow red, it tastes nasty, so I get all of them to NOT glow except the stretch from the wick to the centre pin... REALLY irritating. I went through 2 meters of coil in just a week or two trying to sort it. Then I would get a wonderful no glowy coil and it would vape fine for a day or two and then I'd bump the atty or the wick while refilling and the damn glowy spot would come back. Just that ONE spot

I roll my coils onto the wick prior to putting it on the cobra, so the coils are really uniform as well. Ugh!

This is what I got fed up with. I'm not necessarily the impatient type and gave it a really good go. What ever I did though I just could NOT get consistency. That bit at the top was the killer for me. Almost impossible to not get a hotspot between the wick and the centre post.

Plus when I did manage to get no hotspots ..the vape wasn't THAT fantastic. So for all the cock ups, the recoiling, the frustrations....the 'successful ' coil didn't really make up for it.

i thought a glowy coil was bad. The wire basically heating the air, creating a burnt metallic taste?

I'm going to remove the center knurling bits and see if that helps some.

hey mum, have a look at a thread called "DID ceramic hack" on vapepit. Maybe you could try something similar.

I am in a similar situation with my did.
I am going to get some ceramic because I have noticed that with my Vaper, which is all insulated, I can recoil no problem and still to get an hotspot.

I have been told to forcibly push against the wick the coil while firing, where you can see hotsposts and sparkling. I do this with insulated pliers and it works.
Also, if it's a top coil problem due to the coil having moved while tightening up, you can force it back into shape with very fine pliers, just insert one tip in the mesh hole and tighten up.

I use the petar k method but it doesn't really help me much with the DID.

All coils glowing is good with no juice. One spot glowing means you have a short. Cocktail stick and nudge the coils so they hopefully don't sit on the short.
Try oxidising the mesh again and again and sometimes again.
Try heating the mesh before you roll it.
Swear a lot .
Fire up the coil with no mesh and it'll glow even ly

Back
Top Bottom