What's new

Taifun GT Clone

Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have a bit of experimenting to do. I am quite happy with what I have done so far but I will be trying some of the recommendations listed here.

I made the coil on a 1.4mm screw driver it is 6 or 7 wraps of 0.25mm Kanthal and my ohms meter says 1.37 ohms. I am quite new to rebuildables and I am just trying different setups. To get started I bought 0.25 and 0.32 so I will give the larger diameter wire on the next build.

I would defiantly give it a try, the vape will be slightly warmer but more flavourful. The 28awg will mean a larger coil too, increasing surface area of coil to wick = more vapour production as long as your wick can keep up and you have good air flow.

I remove the air tube completely on mine, more airflow. That's a preference thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I would defiantly give it a try, the vape will be slightly warmer but more flavourful. The 28awg will mean a larger coil too, increasing surface area of coil to wick = more vapour production as long as your wick can keep up and you have good air flow.

I remove the air tube completely on mine, more airflow. That's a preference thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I will give it a try as soon as I have emptied the content that I am vaping at the moment. Cheers.

I have noticed that when I began building my TFGT I had a problem with the chimney pushing down the cap while turning the tank down thus making the logo disappear into the deck. I use some juice to lubricate the chimney hole and o-ring. Haven't had any problems with leaks. Ensure the logo is plainly visible.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403045905060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403045905060.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 38
I have noticed that when I began building my TFGT I had a problem with the chimney pushing down the cap while turning the tank down thus making the logo disappear into the deck. I use some juice to lubricate the chimney hole and o-ring. Haven't had any problems with leaks. Ensure the logo is plainly visible.

Yes I can see the logo although I must admit I was aware of the cover being easily pushed down.

Now getting ready to fire this out the window. Vaping quite nicely but now it is leaking through the firing pin. This is getting extremely frustrating and is doing my head in.

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Now getting ready to fire this out the window. Vaping quite nicely but now it is leaking through the firing pin. This is getting extremely frustrating and is doing my head in.

Don't give up. There is a little o-ring (seal/insulator) behind the positive post. Just check to make sure it's still there, sitting neatly, and visible, behind the screw.
If push comes to shove, it's no big deal to unscrew the positive post, and re assemble, making sure that the small spring and the little o-ring are in place. Hopefully (fingers crossed) that will stop any leaking via the pin.
Although it unscrews, the positive pin is not designed to be adjustable. There is only one 'setting', this will vary from clone to clone, and amongst examples of the same clone. It's just a matter of assembling the firing pin and tightening until it's all sitting snug but once it's set for the individual GT, that's it. It won't be good in any other position. This may mean that the pin may be sticking out more on one clone than on another.

Last edited:

Mate....if its still winding you up in a few days i'll quite happily trade you a kayfunlite clone for your taifungt..

The kayfun performs as it should ;)

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Back
Top Bottom