What's new

Taifun GT Clone

Nope just checked. All I got was the usual silly screwdriver, mesh, silica and kanthal. Can that little tube be taken out?. :-(

Sorry to hear that mate, yes it can be removed. The idea being that you use whichever tube you like to give you the airflow you prefer. To give the maximum airflow the tube can be removed completely. If you choose to do this you might have a look at the plastic sleeve that holds it into the base of the device. Sometimes this can be pushed down too far, causing an airflow obstruction. A nailclipper can be employed to snip off the bottom few mil of the plastic sleeve before reinserting it.
Hope that made sense!

I just too the metal sleeve out and rebuilt. It seems a bit better but I'm guessing that the sleeve protruding a bit is meant to stop leaks. Not too much of a problem as it'll only leak if it isn't wicked properly so I can live with that. Its still a little tight on the draw so I'm wondering if I should get the plastic out too. I can't see a way to get it out though. Any advice? I appreciate all the help. :-)

If you're still getting a tight draw with the airtube removed then I think you've got the same fault with the plastic sleeve that a few of us did here. It is, as you say, a piece that belongs where it is but whenever it was assembled, someone pushed it down too hard and deformed the end of it that you can't see, the end down in the bowels of the device. If you pull it up and have a look at the end I wouldn't be surprised if it was burred over. Just a little snip of the end and then push it back and it will open up the draw nicely.
As for getting it out, I'm not sure. Mine came out very easily but others struggled. Perhaps some needle nose pliers or a knife point to dig it out a bit so you can grab it.

If you're still getting a tight draw with the airtube removed then I think you've got the same fault with the plastic sleeve that a few of us did here. It is, as you say, a piece that belongs where it is but whenever it was assembled, someone pushed it down too hard and deformed the end of it that you can't see, the end down in the bowels of the device. If you pull it up and have a look at the end I wouldn't be surprised if it was burred over. Just a little snip of the end and then push it back and it will open up the draw nicely.
As for getting it out, I'm not sure. Mine came out very easily but others struggled. Perhaps some needle nose pliers or a knife point to dig it out a bit so you can grab it.

Thanks paul. I'll try that when Ive used up the juice in it. Its working pretty well now so I'll give it another go soon. I reckon you may be right but I see no need for the sleeve as I like an airy draw. I'm much happier with it now and hopefully it'll be even better when I whip that out :-) thanks everyone for the advice.

First trip out with the GT in the pocket. Got home and not a dribble anywhere. I'm starting to become a fan of these. A far cry from what I initially thought. A shame its not a glass tank though but I guess that's alright. Is there any alternative like an SS section?

First trip out with the GT in the pocket. Got home and not a dribble anywhere. I'm starting to become a fan of these. A far cry from what I initially thought. A shame its not a glass tank though but I guess that's alright. Is there any alternative like an SS section?

I believe mods and atties do a full ss and a full clear tank for the GT, but you'd have to check with them that it worked with non hcigar versions as I believe that's the version they stock.

Sent with kind regards and salutations.

I tell you what. This thing has bedded in nicely. The flavour is amazing with cotton. I'm still happy with my kraken but this is easily on par flavour wise now. Very happy vaper!

Back
Top Bottom