What's new

Stepping into the build world

Have read this thread with interest as I'm essentially looking to do the same thing. Don't wanna ninja the thread or start a duplicate so hope I can drop my question in here, I've gone for .28 wire from vape mesh co. But due to a previous ordering fuck up,(my mistake not theirs) I can swap out a mistake for 2 more spools....

I'm building on a rose and a 28mm oversized Tobh, aiming for at least 1.2ohms ( so it fires on my vw mod) So assuming I go for between 8 or 12 wraps, will a .28 awg get me where I want to be ohm wise, and what other size wire should I go for? If I go smaller than .28 would I still be able to do a reasonable coil that fires on a vw mod?

Have read this thread with interest as I'm essentially looking to do the same thing. Don't wanna ninja the thread or start a duplicate so hope I can drop my question in here, I've gone for .28 wire from vape mesh co. But due to a previous ordering fuck up,(my mistake not theirs) I can swap out a mistake for 2 more spools....

I'm building on a rose and a 28mm oversized Tobh, aiming for at least 1.2ohms ( so it fires on my vw mod) So assuming I go for between 8 or 12 wraps, will a .28 awg get me where I want to be ohm wise, and what other size wire should I go for? If I go smaller than .28 would I still be able to do a reasonable coil that fires on a vw mod?

The more the merrier.

I've been messing with an app called minicoil to try and work this sort of thing out to give me understanding, not to much as yet lol

This was what I used for my guide during my build and got to within .2 ohms ( that might have been due to leg length)

Attachments

• 1415139215993.jpg
    1415139215993.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 29
The MVP will fire down to 0.8ohms but the amp limit means you can't use the full wattage range. You think you are turning it up but its actually not doing anything. I think 1.2ohms is the ideal coil for an MVP.

I've used 0.25mm to 0.3mm successfully. Anything thicker means huge coils with a disappointing ramp up time.

The MVP will fire down to 0.8ohms but the amp limit means you can't use the full wattage range. You think you are turning it up but its actually not doing anything. I think 1.2ohms is the ideal coil for an MVP.

Ahhh OK, as said I was told 1 at the time so aimed slightly above that to allow a margin of error

The more the merrier.

I've been messing with an app called minicoil to try and work this sort of thing out to give me understanding, not to much as yet lol

This was what I used for my guide during my build and got to within .2 ohms ( that might have been due to leg length)

Thanks I'll have a look at that. I need an ohm meter, trying to get a reading off the mod and it's just saying 9.9ohm i.e. too low or generally a rubbish attempt haha. Was quite pleased with my coil ...better than last attempt ...so maybe I'm not far off. Need the ohm reader. For now... back to the Davide lol.

Last edited:
The more the merrier.

Guess minicoil app is on iPhone? Found vapers toolbox as an android alternative. Looks great as tells you exactly how much wire to cut for a target resistance. Given up for the eve but hopefully more joy tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom